What's new

Any competitors try to get your work removed from gig sites?

Grant

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor
5000+ Posts Club
Oct 27, 2020
USD
$134.3000USD
Biznotes
Has there ever been a time where you worked for a gig site/freelance site and a competing service tried to take your gig/service down? This has kind of happened to me in the past, but I always got ahead of it and moved on. But what do you do if someone tries to get your services taken down because they have similar services and can't handle the competition?

Has there ever been a time where you worked for a gig site/freelance site and a competing service tried to take your gig/service down? This has kind of happened to me in the past, but I always got ahead of it and moved on. But what do you do if someone tries to get your services taken down because they have similar services and can't handle the competition?

I am really surprised that businesses pull this kind of petty stunt and stoop so low. The best way to supersede your competition is to provide something unique that cannot be matched rather than sabotaging another business

Competitors cannot remove you from a gig site unless you break the rules of gig sites. However, in my freelancing career, a lot of competitors have tried to outsmart me by offering to work for less than what I was demanding.

It is impossible for close competitors to remove your gig from freelancing website.
This could only be done by the owner of the website.

I don't think it is really possible for someone who is not a part of the management of the freelancing site to remove gigs.
Removal and addition of gigs could only be done by the moderators of the platform.

Competitors cannot remove you from a gig site unless you break the rules of gig sites. However, in my freelancing career, a lot of competitors have tried to outsmart me by offering to work for less than what I was demanding.
The same thing I think. There's bound to be competition in online space, especially in freelancing platforms. I don't know if it's possible for a competitor to remove one gig from the site. What they can do is trying to outrank your own gig.

One of the main reasons why it is difficult to make money on freelancer sites is because of the competitors, in order to outsmart your computers you either sell your gigs for a small price or bid on a job for a low price.

One of the main reasons why it is difficult to make money on freelancer sites is because of the competitors, in order to outsmart your computers you either sell your gigs for a small price or bid on a job for a low price.
We all believe that making money when it comes to freelancing it's some how competitive, one is expected to bring new strategies in order to make considerable amount of money when it comes to freelancing.

We all believe that making money when it comes to freelancing it's some how competitive, one is expected to bring new strategies in order to make considerable amount of money when it comes to freelancing.
Strategies? What strategies? You can become successful on freelancer sites only when you have high-paying skills. I have noticed that a lot of people who complain about freelancer sites are people who do not have professional skills.

Competitors make earning in freelancing sites to be so difficult. Some people are so bad such that they will want to ruin your work to their benefit. I think you should be aware of this and report such cases to admin who might help you.

Well, as far as I am following the rules and regulations of a platform, I would be really not concerned about what my competitors think or say. Having said that, I do not have any competitors right now.

Well, as far as I am following the rules and regulations of a platform, I would be really not concerned about what my competitors think or say. Having said that, I do not have any competitors right now.
If you do not have any competitors, you might be earning really well from gig sites. I am not working on gig sites these days because I am overloaded with a lot of work. I also have a lot of projects of my own.

Competitors make earning in freelancing sites to be so difficult. Some people are so bad such that they will want to ruin your work to their benefit. I think you should be aware of this and report such cases to admin who might help you.
The competition of freelancing website has become enormous and very difficult to make money nowadays which is why you would need a professional level experience if you want to make money on freelancing website right now.

This is one of the things that discouraged me from proceeding to freelancing career because I feel that they niche is a saturated already and it will be very difficult to make headway in such niche . It is better to look for unsaturated niche online.

This is one of the things that discouraged me from proceeding to freelancing career because I feel that they niche is a saturated already and it will be very difficult to make headway in such niche . It is better to look for unsaturated niche online.
This is the same as me. I always have a feeling that it will be very hard for me to make money or make sales of my articles online on freelancing platforms. There are a lot of people on them already.

I've never worked for a gig site or freelance site and so, i've never had to deal with a competing service trying to take my gig/service down. I honestly don't know what i would be if i were to find myself in this situation because it seems very devastating.

They can't remove your're gig unless you broke some kind of rules it's very surprising that competitors can go this low if they try to do that you know that you go the right way because they are jealous of you

Yes, competitors can try to impact someone's work on gig sites, but the effectiveness and consequences of such actions depend on the specific platform's policies.

Their tactics could be false reports or complaints, negative reviews, or ratings to damage their reputation and credibility on the freelancing site.

Newest Directory Listings

Shortie
Forums
Clicks
Views
Comments
WWE Hub is a discussion forum for all things wrestling! Share and chat with other wrestling fans throughout the world!
momode
Forums
Clicks
Views
ABCProxy is cost-effective, ethical residential proxies network!
coderway
Forums
Clicks
Views
AI digital artwork generator
Back