What's new
  • Please note to have a link in an article you must first request permission from the administrator and pay a fee. You can read more information here.

5 Best Free Blogging Platforms in 2023

5 Best Free Blogging Platforms in 2023

Though everyone focus is on social media these days, a free blogging platform’s permanence and freedom provides a perfect a set up for you to express your thoughts without worrying about character counts. You can’t compare the feeling of owning a site, and having a blog can also be a great marketing tool to help you reach more people.

But what are the best free blogging platforms? In this guide, we review the best content management systems, which come in form website builders, blogging applications, and simplified blogging software.

WordPress

Did you know that WordPress powers about 27% of all websites? The free and open-source CMS, written in PHP and paired with a MySQL or MariaDB data, also dominates around 76.4% of the content management system market share.

First released under the GNU GPL license on May 27, 2003, WordPress, older than Twitter and Facebook, WordPress allows you to download and use it. It is freely available for anyone and the best option if you are looking for a great mix of usability, customization, and power.

Wix

Famous for its top-grade hosting, Wix offers more than 500 designer-made templates. The free website builder allows you to create HTML5 sites and mobile websites using the online drag and drop tools. Apart from getting a free Wix account, you also get 1GB bandwidth and 500GB storage. For more features, such as Google Analytics, own domain, and online store, subscribe to its premium plans.

Joomla

Founded by the Open Source Matters, Inc. and the Joomla community on 17 August 2005, Joomla prides itself as one of the best free blogging platforms in the world today. The open source software content management system offers you a chance to build any type of blog or website, with varying design features such as creating templates and render HTMLs.

Like most self-hosted solutions, you need a web hosting and domain name to use Joomla. And although the themes and add-ons are fewer as compared to WordPress, the Joomla community offers uncountable templates and extensions to add extra features, allowing you fully customize the design of your free blog.

Contentful

Famous for its API-first approach and implementation of CMS as code, Contentful was founded in 2014 in Berlin, Germany. The free blogging platform provides you with a distinctive way of separating your content from you blog design. This is especially important if you are looking to create a different site in a few years time because it allows you to bring everything in as it is set up to be portable from the start.

So, you can choose to create an empty space or an example space. The former allows you build the content model from scratch while the latter has a content model and sample entries.

Hubpages

Are you interested in sharing your story with other people? Then, Hubpages is the best free blogging platform choice for you. Through Hubpages, you can also earn revenue from affiliates and advertisements.

Wix is free but the free version will get you a subdomain and monetizing a subdomain site is really difficult. I don;t know anything about Contentful, however, I can really vouch for hubpages. I have been using hubpages for over a decade, I have not published any new content in the last 5 yers but I still earn from my old articles. I have multiple wordpress sites. Joomla is good but you need some skills to use the program.

Newest Directory Listings

Shortie
Forums
Clicks
Views
Comments
WWE Hub is a discussion forum for all things wrestling! Share and chat with other wrestling fans throughout the world!
momode
Forums
Clicks
Views
ABCProxy is cost-effective, ethical residential proxies network!
coderway
Forums
Clicks
Views
AI digital artwork generator
Back