XenForo autorefresh

The Raven

Knight
500 Posts Club
Aug 18, 2023
USD
$2.6000USD
Biznotes
I recently realized that XenForo has this cool feature to somehow auto-refresh the page without actually refreshing it. When I navigate from forum's tab to another tab and then go back, it shows 3 vertical lines like loading and then it updates if there is something new, like private message or notification. Is that some plugin you install or it's by default?

Well each browser defines the behaviour of when you press the back button differently. For example my browser just requests the whole page again when I hit back.

Open your browser's developer tools and go to the network tab and hit back, then watch for requests. You might see ajax requests if the content is updating itself from a cached page.

Well each browser defines the behaviour of when you press the back button differently. For example my browser just requests the whole page again when I hit back.

Open your browser's developer tools and go to the network tab and hit back, then watch for requests. You might see ajax requests if the content is updating itself from a cached page.
Nah, that's not what I meant. My forum on Forumotion doesn't auto-refresh once you check the page again, it stays put. But everytime I go from this forum tab to another and back, it auto-refresh page without actually refreshing it. :D

Newest Directory Listings

Shortie
Forums
Clicks
Views
Comments
WWE Hub is a discussion forum for all things wrestling! Share and chat with other wrestling fans throughout the world!
momode
Forums
Clicks
Views
ABCProxy is cost-effective, ethical residential proxies network!
coderway
Forums
Clicks
Views
AI digital artwork generator
Back