What's new

Would your house be insured if it landed in a sinkhole?

Grant

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor
5000+ Posts Club
Oct 27, 2020
USD
$134.3000USD
Biznotes
I've heard horror stories about how some people have died in their own homes after sinking into a sink hole. There was a story I heard many years ago, about a man who died when his house fell into a sinkhole. I think it was just his bedroom, and I guess there was no way for anyone to get down there and save him. I don't think his body was even recovered from the sinkhole.

Anyway, is there such a thing as insurance that helps in the case your house gets damaged in a sinkhole? I sure hope there is some type of insurance that covers that, because it feels like sinkholes are becoming a common occurrence these days.

You cannot insure your house that is already in trouble. However, if your house is insured before it gets into the sinkhole, you can claim insurance and get financial coverage.

I'm pretty sure that my homeowner's insurance would cover the house if it ended up in a sinkhole. All natural disasters are covered. (Further, I'm reassured that my house is built on decomposed granite, under which is actual granite. Solid rock turning into a sinkhole is really unlikely.)

Fortunately, sinkholes are largely slow acting things. I'm pretty sure that OPs horror story occurred while he was sleeping. A sinkhole opened under a highway where I live, but nobody was killed - a few cars were lost, but everyone else was able to run to safety.

Newest Directory Listings

Vicky1225
Forums
Clicks
Views
Expand your business scale with over 200 million clean IP addresses, stellar features, and affordable prices provided by 922S5Proxy.
Shortie
Forums
Clicks
Views
Comments
WWE Hub is a discussion forum for all things wrestling! Share and chat with other wrestling fans throughout the world!
momode
Forums
Clicks
Views
ABCProxy is cost-effective, ethical residential proxies network!
Back