What's new

When using your crypto wallet be sure to generate new bitcoin addresses

Yes it more advisable to always change your wallet because leaving it just has it was is very risky because of the hackers and your security is very important more. But where you change your wallet address may weekly or month or even yearly it very good to secure your crypto

I think it should be a normal practice to always change your public address or public key as some will call it. The most important thing is that your private key is safe and you have a good memory of the pass phrase. Changing or requesting a new public key everytime you want to receive money is a practice everyone should take seriously.
Okay. But i even don't understand why it is necessary to change wallet adress or generate new wallet adress before using it for online transactions specially the bitcoin or other digital currency investments and recieving the withdraws.

There are many wallets that are released that have the feature to generate a new wallet address for your coins. You may notice this as a round arrow that is next to the address that is displayed in your wallet. In my opinion, this is a very valid feature as the wallets that we have are recorded on the blockchain, and therefore the transactions can be seen as such as well.

Therefore, this can make you a prime target when it comes to hackers and so forth. And in my opinion it is good to constantly change your address to avoid drawing this attention to you.

Do you guys regularly change your bitcoin wallet addresses? What are your thoughts on why this is necessary?
I don't regularly change my bitcoin address. I only have one bitcoin address that I use for many transactions. I only change address if I want to sell my coins to an online wallet and withdraw to my bank account. Even if you want to change your address make sure to always keep your private key to safe place

I think this thread is an informative one, but once you create an account with luno or anyother wallet, they''ll automatically create a wallet address for you, and you can not change the address to your own word, or is it possible to change it to my own words?

Converning your thread on changing bitcoin wallet addreaa occasionally to prebent hackerss, I have to say, this is the first time I am hearing this. I used only the wallet address that my wallet generate for me and I don't always change anything. I will be taking note of this henceforth to make my wallet more secure in addition to 2FA

sincerely this is my first time of hearing that one can change Bitcoin wallet multiple times. I have been in this business since last year and I have been using the wallet I opened for the first time up till this moment but my PLATFORM is well secured though

Even though I have been involved with crypto currency for some months I never actually new about this. And it seems really important so I will take your advice, everyone should take their own security seriously. So thank you for sharing this info.

You are so so correct and on point on this one. Your cryptocurrencies security are your sole responsibility to ensure as you are obviously the central bank of your cryptocurrencies that you hold in your possession in your wallet. So keep them safely at all times.

Yeah! I have also seen that my crytocurrency wallet automatically changes the wallet address whenever I receive a transaction. I have noticed that some crytocurrencies have legacy, default, and compatibility wallet addresses. I think these different kind of addresses are there to make the transactions more secure.

Yes, it is possible to generate the same address twice. There is nothing in the Bitcoin protocol that enforces that an address you have in your wallet is not also generated by someone else

I don't think this is necessarily important, as a frequent user of crypto for trading never have I heard that they hacked through someone account,by their bitcoin address.

The wallet address of Bitcoin changes automatically on it's without needing me to do any manual changes to it.

Concerning generating new Bitcoin address on your crypto currency wallet. Well, this is a nice idea and it is also important that it is changed, that is why the option is stated on the wallet so as to avoid any forn of insecurities and hacking, though I haven't changed or renewed mine before but I will have a look and change it also so as to be on a safer side

Just because someone knows your address does not mean he can hack your wallet. The only way to secure your account is by using two factor authentication.

There are many wallets that are released that have the feature to generate a new wallet address for your coins. You may notice this as a round arrow that is next to the address that is displayed in your wallet. In my opinion, this is a very valid feature as the wallets that we have are recorded on the blockchain, and therefore the transactions can be seen as such as well.

Therefore, this can make you a prime target when it comes to hackers and so forth. And in my opinion it is good to constantly change your address to avoid drawing this attention to you.

Do you guys regularly change your bitcoin wallet addresses? What are your thoughts on why this is necessary?
Since have been using my wallet from binance platform,I don't change the wallet been giving to me since the day one I was giving,all because I don't have any issue while using it tho.

I didn't know that you can generate a new bitcoin address when doing transaction with your wallet address until recently when a friend of mine keeps sending me new address when he's doing transaction and i asked if he has opened another account but he told me its the same old account.

Since have been using my wallet from binance platform,I don't change the wallet been giving to me since the day one I was giving,all because I don't have any issue while using it tho.
If there are no issues then it completely justified to not change your address, and i am sure that you will have all your accounts linked to that address so it would be quite tedious to have to change that address at this point.

The essence of cryptocurrencies in the first place is to create annonimity for those transacting in the cryptocurrencies. So, changing your Bitcoin address in your wallet helps to achieve that in a way also

The essence of cryptocurrencies in the first place is to create annonimity for those transacting in the cryptocurrencies. So, changing your Bitcoin address in your wallet helps to achieve that in a way also
Yes it does help to achieve anonymity. From what i have seen recently thought it seems that bitcoin is lacking in anonymity and many people seem to be moving to Monero to try and secure anonymous transactions.

At the earlier times when bitcoin was introduced, it's main purpose is to remove the prying eyes of financial institutions from monitoring our moneytary transactions that was why changing your Bitcoin addresses was advised

Newest Directory Listings

Shortie
Forums
Clicks
Views
WWE Hub is a discussion forum for all things wrestling! Share and chat with other wrestling fans throughout the world!
momode
Forums
Clicks
Views
ABCProxy is cost-effective, ethical residential proxies network!
coderway
Forums
Clicks
Views
AI digital artwork generator
Back