What's new

What's stopping people from making sites selling NFTs and only selling images?

Grant

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor
5000+ Posts Club
Oct 27, 2020
USD
$134.3000USD
Biznotes
With the rise in NFTs as of late, it made me wonder if anyone was attempting to scam by selling fake ones. With NFTs essentially being a JPEG with money behind it, I can see people making sites with a marketplace to sell jpeg images disguised as NFTs. Has anything like this happened yet with NFTs? Could it be a threat or problem?

Indeed, there are certain websites that promote JPEGs as non-fungible tokens (NFTs). These websites purport to promote NFTs that really are clearly low-resolution JPEGs, offering the buyer the chance to buy a work of digital art or a collector object. However, these JPEGs have not been confirmed as genuine NFTs, and determining their actual worth is challenging. When investigating potential purchases, be cautious and conduct your due diligence to verify the site is reputable and also the item is a genuine NFT.

It is definitely going to be extremely difficult to create the NFT website to sell the non-fungible token and the basic reason is that it has not piqued the interest of most of the financial investors.

The major thing that is making people to move away a little bit from non-fungible token investment in because they lack the savvy on how to trade the nfts.

I am also sceptical of investing my money on non-fungible tokens because I still find it very difficult to understand how this particular investment operate because it looks like a mirage to me.

NFT is not just an image, it is a media minted on blockchain with ownership and authorship established. NO one can fake JPG for NFT, if someone is scammed JPG for NFT that's because of ignorance.

Selling NFTs is a very good business because I know that the non-fungible token space is a big place and a good way to make money if you are willing to earn from the non-fungible token industry.

To be honest I don't know much about nfts and I have never even been a fan of it. I don't see the use of buying an art or stuff like that, I will rather stick to normal cryptocurrency.

Non Fungible Token is a great way to earn money, and it is worth investing in if only you understand it.
I have seen people buy JPEG images disguised to be Non Fungible Token. This happens because of lack of research.

I really to what it is to buy a non-fungible token as art or simply a jpeg image that supposedly only belongs to you does not seem very attractive, what I do see feasible is that in the future they are used as unique tickets for events or concerts and things of this nature.

The non-fungible token space is developing very quickly at an alarming rate and that is why it's a place to try out but I would disagree with the OP because so many people are using this platform.

Scammer are very desperate and there's nothing they cannot do. Though, I have not come across one but with the way NFt sell that time, I Know some scammer would have created a fake website and upload fake picture tags as NFT on it to scam unsuspecting individual.

The energy and the interest in which people rushed into the non-fungible token space when it was first created as drastically reduced . In conclusion, the non-fungible token lose traction recently and it is declining tremendously.

The energy and the interest in which people rushed into the non-fungible token space when it was first created as drastically reduced . In conclusion, the non-fungible token lose traction recently and it is declining tremendously.
Thanks for sharing ! it is very important to note that most of the people also do not want to engage in nft and selling images because they do not have the prior experience.

With the rise in NFTs as of late, it made me wonder if anyone was attempting to scam by selling fake ones. With NFTs essentially being a JPEG with money behind it, I can see people making sites with a marketplace to sell jpeg images disguised as NFTs. Has anything like this happened yet with NFTs? Could it be a threat or problem?
A lot of people only hear about NFT but they do not know how to go about it. Some people even have the talent but they are naive when it comes to creating NFT.

JPEG can be as nft since nft can be anything valuable. I wouldn't blame those that sell JPEG in disguise as nft because it is right. The buyer just needs to understand the various ways of getting nft. Nft is not necessarily to be typical file but anything valuable.

I do not think anyone has attempted to scam people by selling fake NFTs. I do not think this could be a threat or problem because people are not likely to fall for it.

It is definitely going to be extremely difficult to create the NFT website to sell the non-fungible token and the basic reason is that it has not piqued the interest of most of the financial investors.

A lot of people are not convinced about the project of NFTs and it's why they don't feel comfortable with investing in it. I'm one of such people who doesn't have much faith in NFTs. I know some people whom have been scammed with NFTs.

Newest Directory Listings

Shortie
Forums
Clicks
Views
WWE Hub is a discussion forum for all things wrestling! Share and chat with other wrestling fans throughout the world!
momode
Forums
Clicks
Views
ABCProxy is cost-effective, ethical residential proxies network!
coderway
Forums
Clicks
Views
AI digital artwork generator
Back