What's new

What length is too short, which is too long?

glitch

beep boop
1000 Posts Club
Mar 16, 2022
USD
$0.0000USD
Biznotes
I always hear people saying different things. I was always under the impression that staying over 5 but under 12 is ideal in terms of letters.

What is your take on this? What would you say is too short and what would you say is too long?

Too long is not good (no pun intended) but it all depends on the forum / website name. If the brand name is short that is ideal but the problem is there is a chance it is taken. If it is too long, you must make it short but yet easily understandable so that once people google about your company actually get your website.

Too long is not good (no pun intended) but it all depends on the forum / website name. If the brand name is short that is ideal but the problem is there is a chance it is taken. If it is too long, you must make it short but yet easily understandable so that once people google about your company actually get your website.
It is possible to reword the long description to be a little more smaller in term of size because people doesn't like to read so long description that leads sometimes to be outside of website niche.

In terms of the domain? Everyone knows short domains are the better options. The thing is about picking a name that's short but can still promote your business. So if it's a good business name, using that in the domain works. It just comes down to having a recognizable and easy to enter domain. No one wants to go to www(dot)somethingorsomethingblahlbah(dot)com long domains are a chore to deal with, so short and to the point is ideal. Plus it's easier to promote.

The shorter the better but sometimes making it a bit longer to make sense or for people to easily remember the name would do well too.

The shorter the domain mane, the better the domain. If you can find a 4-5 letters domain name, it would be great. Short domain names are easy to remember and also very catchy. However, these days it is quite impossible to get a get a short name. I try to register a domain that are not longer than 10 letters.

In my own opinion, domain name length should be between 6 and 15 characters, excluding the extension (.com, .net, etc.). This is because shorter domain names are easier to remember and type, while longer domain names can be difficult to remember and may be more prone to typos.

I love making my domains short as to make them memorizable. Longer ones is mos times hard to memorize.

Newest Directory Listings

Shortie
Forums
Clicks
Views
Comments
WWE Hub is a discussion forum for all things wrestling! Share and chat with other wrestling fans throughout the world!
momode
Forums
Clicks
Views
ABCProxy is cost-effective, ethical residential proxies network!
coderway
Forums
Clicks
Views
AI digital artwork generator
Back