What's new

What do you understand by the term "contingent labour"?

Good-Person

VIP Member
VIP Member
40,000 Post Club
Feb 6, 2021
USD
$1.9200USD
Biznotes
Contingent labour is a kind of concept that has been becoming very popular in the recent times. Contingent labour is a business term that refers to a kind of person who is employed by the business organisation. However, such kind of employees are not hired by the company. They may be working for a short-term period. Some examples includes freelancers and contract-based workers. So, how can such labours or employees help businesses?

The simple summary of what contingent labour is all about is hiring the services of independent contractor to work for your business. They are not under full time employment in the business but only needed when their services are needed. They are paid off once their job is done. It's practically all about hiring freelancers for some of your business operations.

Contingent labour is a kind of concept that has been becoming very popular in the recent times. Contingent labour is a business term that refers to a kind of person who is employed by the business organisation. However, such kind of employees are not hired by the company. They may be working for a short-term period. Some examples includes freelancers and contract-based workers. So, how can such labours or employees help businesses?
My mom was working contingent for a while at the hospital (she was a nurse) right before she went back to working part/full - time. They gave her a pager and they would either page or call her whenever they needed her to work a shift, like when they were understaffed. It's similar to being on call but the hours were more steady and reliable, meaning, she expected to get some hours in weekly no matter what, but still had the option to decline.
On call was more out of the blue and middle of the night, and she had to go in no matter what (but you also get paid whether they need you or not, so that was one good thing.) I remember she was always on edge. You never know when that pager would go off, even right in the middle of sleep.

My mom was working contingent for a while at the hospital (she was a nurse) right before she went back to working part/full - time. They gave her a pager and they would either page or call her whenever they needed her to work a shift, like when they were understaffed. It's similar to being on call but the hours were more steady and reliable, meaning, she expected to get some hours in weekly no matter what, but still had the option to decline.
On call was more out of the blue and middle of the night, and she had to go in no matter what (but you also get paid whether they need you or not, so that was one good thing.) I remember she was always on edge. You never know when that pager would go off, even right in the middle of sleep.

The jobs of doctors and nurses is very demanding. It's a very critical jobs that you're going to be professional with at all times. Just like you said your mother being on edge all the because she can't tell when she's getting paged to come in. It's the same thing with doctors who are surgeons.

The jobs of doctors and nurses is very demanding. It's a very critical jobs that you're going to be professional with at all times. Just like you said your mother being on edge all the because she can't tell when she's getting paged to come in. It's the same thing with doctors who are surgeons.
I know! What an uneasy feeling that would be.. trying to fall asleep knowing you could be woken up at any time. Then you have to get dressed, drive in to work, perform brain surgery, hope you don't fall back asleep during the brain surgery..

And you never really have the option of saying, whoops, I never got the page. They WILL start calling you on the phone, repeatedly.
(That's more for on call work.)
I don't think I could do it.
And that's why I don't do it.
Thanks Hea🔥man

I know! What an uneasy feeling that would be.. trying to fall asleep knowing you could be woken up at any time. Then you have to get dressed, drive in to work, perform brain surgery, hope you don't fall back asleep during the brain surgery..

And you never really have the option of saying, whoops, I never got the page. They WILL start calling you on the phone, repeatedly.
(That's more for on call work.)
I don't think I could do it.
And that's why I don't do it.
Thanks Hea🔥man

Exactly! I'm not a doctor but I believe that they do sign some sort of documents that makes it binding on them to answer and be available at work all times whenever they are called in. It's a very demanding job that anyone who's not serious and overly committed wouldn't be able to thrive in it.

There are many people who work as contingent labour. This may also include medical staff as well. I have seen many people working as doctors and they work in many different kinds of hospitals. They have a fixed time and they visit many different hospitals during that time.

The simple summary of what contingent labour is all about is hiring the services of independent contractor to work for your business. They are not under full time employment in the business but only needed when their services are needed. They are paid off once their job is done. It's practically all about hiring freelancers for some of your business operations.

That's right and it is good as long as your business is not having some big challenges that you cannot solve by hiring contingent laborers. Assuming it is an emergency, for example, and you have limited time to seek for these temporary staff, what then will you do about it?

That's right and it is good as long as your business is not having some big challenges that you cannot solve by hiring contingent laborers. Assuming it is an emergency, for example, and you have limited time to seek for these temporary staff, what then will you do about it?

Businesses should always have full time staff because they need to be consistent with working. It doesn't mean that the businesses shouldn't hire contingent labor when it's needed. When it comes to a situation where they can't hire contingent labor, the full time staffs will be delegated to do the job.

I've hired some drivers on part time job which makes them my contingent labor because I needed their contribution in my business at that time. If I didn't hire them, I will lose customers, and my business reputation will be in serious peril.

Newest Directory Listings

Vicky1225
Forums
Clicks
Views
Expand your business scale with over 200 million clean IP addresses, stellar features, and affordable prices provided by 922S5Proxy.
Shortie
Forums
Clicks
Views
Comments
WWE Hub is a discussion forum for all things wrestling! Share and chat with other wrestling fans throughout the world!
momode
Forums
Clicks
Views
ABCProxy is cost-effective, ethical residential proxies network!
Back