What's new

What are the best practices for moderating a large forum?

Grant

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor
5000+ Posts Club
Oct 27, 2020
USD
$134.3000USD
Biznotes
When it comes to moderating your forums, it can be a challenge. Now lets say you have a large forum, kind of like Bizdustry. How would you handle the moderating? Would you hire on a few mods? Have volunteer mods? Would you take on most of the mod work at first? How do most big forums handle moderation? Especially if they have topic after topic that keeps coming in?

I have been a moderator on multiple forums, however, I have never worked on a forum as large as Bizdustry. Here we have many moderators and a large number of moderators simplifies the job for moderators. Moderators constantly check new posts and old posts to check content quality and spamming

When moderating a large forum like Bizdustry, it's common to employ a combination of paid moderators and volunteer mods. Initially, I would handle a significant portion of the mod work, but gradually delegate responsibilities. Big forums typically have a team of mods who handle incoming topics through active monitoring and enforcing community guidelines.

When moderating a large forum like Bizdustry, it's common to employ a combination of paid moderators and volunteer mods. Initially, I would handle a significant portion of the mod work, but gradually delegate responsibilities. Big forums typically have a team of mods who handle incoming topics through active monitoring and enforcing community guidelines.

This is correct. Having a group of moderators can be essential to doing a good job. I would want to have a look at it from the angle that it is very important to make it easier for everyone that is in the group by sharing sections that they should always have a look at.

Newest Directory Listings

Shortie
Forums
Clicks
Views
WWE Hub is a discussion forum for all things wrestling! Share and chat with other wrestling fans throughout the world!
momode
Forums
Clicks
Views
ABCProxy is cost-effective, ethical residential proxies network!
coderway
Forums
Clicks
Views
AI digital artwork generator
Back