What's new

What age will you allow your children on social media?

Grant

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor
5000+ Posts Club
Oct 27, 2020
USD
$134.3000USD
Biznotes
When you have kids one day, what age are you going to allow them to start their own social media accounts? I think most sites set it to at least 13 years of age, and in some ways I think that's too early. But the way the world works today, I assume that kids are going to get on social media even younger. But, if I had kids I think 13 or 14 would be the age I allow it, but I'd have rules of course.

You need to be 13 years of age to use facebook but you should be 18 before you can use tiktok. However, most social sites need you to be at least 13 years old. My kid is not using social site yet and I will let him use social site when he becomes at least 16 years of age.

You need to be 13 years of age to use facebook but you should be 18 before you can use tiktok. However, most social sites need you to be at least 13 years old. My kid is not using social site yet and I will let him use social site when he becomes at least 16 years of age.

The issue is that some kids lie about their age and begin to use social media networks. So, unless these users are asked to provide a valid identification, issues with underage using social media will always arise. Personally, I won't let my kid do so till they are up to 17 years.

The issue is that some kids lie about their age and begin to use social media networks. So, unless these users are asked to provide a valid identification, issues with underage using social media will always arise. Personally, I won't let my kid do so till they are up to 17 years.
Yeah, a lot of people lie their age when creating social media account. You need to be 13 years even to create a gmail account. However, don't you think 17 years is little higher limit when it comes to let kids use social media? Social media is not just a platform to waste time, it is also a place to learn and earn. You will be shutting off this opportunity

Yeah, a lot of people lie their age when creating social media account. You need to be 13 years even to create a gmail account. However, don't you think 17 years is little higher limit when it comes to let kids use social media? Social media is not just a platform to waste time, it is also a place to learn and earn. You will be shutting off this opportunity

Well, I want my kids to focus fully on the education and hoping that they will be of age before they turn 17. Social media can help kids learn, but the dangers are also there.

Well, I want my kids to focus fully on the education and hoping that they will be of age before they turn 17. Social media can help kids learn, but the dangers are also there.
Don't you think social media platform also offers learning opportunity? Video learning is growing rapidly and youtube offers a lot of learning opportunities. LinkedIn has a learning program where you can learn so many things. While facebook and Instagram do not offer learning program directly,these platforms can be used to learn so many things. However, you need to moinitor yuor kids activities on social platform.

Don't you think social media platform also offers learning opportunity? Video learning is growing rapidly and youtube offers a lot of learning opportunities. LinkedIn has a learning program where you can learn so many things. While facebook and Instagram do not offer learning program directly,these platforms can be used to learn so many things. However, you need to moinitor yuor kids activities on social platform.

Possibly, I should not let them be on Facebook and Instagram. If there is a way to monitor their activities on the ones that they are using, I will personally employ those means as well since I want to ensure that I train them in the best possible way.

Monitoring social media activities is better than not letting them use social media sites. There days you cannot stop them to use social sites. Therefore, it is better to let them use it in your presence instead of using behind your back. I think 15-16 years is the most appropriate for letting kids use social sites.

Monitoring social media activities is better than not letting them use social media sites. There days you cannot stop them to use social sites. Therefore, it is better to let them use it in your presence instead of using behind your back. I think 15-16 years is the most appropriate for letting kids use social sites.

I will look into that as you are right. If you try to control them too much, they may end up not being open with you at the least instance and that will make friends be the one to influence them. This is what I wouldn't want it to get to at all.

I don't think I would let them have social media until they were at least 14 years old, I think that's a "right" age to get on these social networks but still with a little bit of following to see what they do on the platforms in question.

From 14 years, I will absolutely sense some maturity attributes in them. The way he or she thinks and react to things matters as this show how mature he or she is to use social media platform.

But if at that age, I still sense childishness/immaturity in him or her, the range will be extended.

Newest Directory Listings

Shortie
Forums
Clicks
Views
WWE Hub is a discussion forum for all things wrestling! Share and chat with other wrestling fans throughout the world!
momode
Forums
Clicks
Views
ABCProxy is cost-effective, ethical residential proxies network!
coderway
Forums
Clicks
Views
AI digital artwork generator
Back