What's new

What advice would you give to someone who is starting a forum for the first time

Nomad

Staff member
40,000 Post Club
Jan 5, 2021
USD
$0.0000USD
Biznotes
I don't consider myself experienced when it comes to running a forum and I am still in the learning phase but I have been running forums for about 5 years. The only advice I can give to someone trying to launch a forum for the first time is to keep your expenses low buy using open source software. If you start with premium software, your expenses will go high and you might not be able to run your forums from your pocket money for too long.

Using free forum services is a great advice since surely a person with no experience in forums will have to learn from 0 and it is always better to start and learn without having to pay or without having to pay a lot in case things do not go as he thought they could.

Unless you do not have issues with spending hundreds of dollars to maintain a forum, using free software can help you minimize your cost. If you want to just test it out, using free forum hosting platform will even save you from having to spend on domain and hosting

That is, it's better to start managing your first forum for free thanks to these software and then when you have more experience if you want you can start paying for better forum management software.

Newest Directory Listings

AjayJunkies
Forums
Clicks
Views
Admin-Junkies.com is a free Admin, SEO, & Webmaster Community!
Here are some video (guidelines) on how to make money online without investing a dime
Back