Suspicious Website traffic?

Smokey

Revillution.net Owner.
100 Posts Club
Sep 27, 2019
USD
$0.0000USD
Biznotes
Have you ever experienced suspicious traffic to your site? Such as something that appeared to be a bot? or a potentially malicious user? How did you deal with the situation? I remember awhile back I kept getting spam bots from a particular region in Pakistan, it seemed almost like a targeted attack. To combat this, I put in security measures to block all incoming traffic from that region all together, and it seems to have worked. Have you ever dealt with suspicious website traffic before?

I remember once when I had my old forum, Chat Addicts, we were getting a steady amount of traffic but there was one day where it was unusually high and I hadn't done anything differently.

To be on the safe side, I ended up keeping an eye on things and put some extra security measures in to ensure that nothing happened that could be prevented and I just let things continue running.

Of course! As a web host, we receive a lot of suspicious traffic from sources that try to take us offline. Due to the help of CloudFlare and OVH's firewall settings and DDOS prevention measures, it really helps us stay online!

Yes, a few times actually. One of the most recent ones was on my forum. It is not very active at all and I saw a huge increase in traffic and individual IPs viewing various pages. It turns out it was just a group of bots indexing the page. Well, I think those are called crawlers. Either way.

It usually occurs so it's important to stay vigilant and regularly monitor your website's traffic patterns and security measures to detect and address any potential threats.

Have you ever experienced suspicious traffic to your site? Such as something that appeared to be a bot? or a potentially malicious user? How did you deal with the situation? I remember awhile back I kept getting spam bots from a particular region in Pakistan, it seemed almost like a targeted attack. To combat this, I put in security measures to block all incoming traffic from that region all together, and it seems to have worked. Have you ever dealt with suspicious website traffic before?
Ensure your website has robust security measures in place, such as strong passwords, regular software updates, and SSL encryption. This can help protect against malicious activities and unauthorized access.

This is something that I have experienced sometimes on my website and I try as much as possible to follow up on the source of such traffic and actually banned some of the IP address if I'm not comfortable with having them on my website.

Yeah, this happens to me all the time. I see a lot of traffic that is actually bots. I do not know how on earth my sites are receiving bot traffic, I do not use traffic exchange, and I do not buy traffic through suspicious sites or individual sellers, yet I sometimes get suspicious traffic.

Yeah, this happens to me all the time. I see a lot of traffic that is actually bots. I do not know how on earth my sites are receiving bot traffic, I do not use traffic exchange, and I do not buy traffic through suspicious sites or individual sellers, yet I sometimes get suspicious traffic.

Seriously, this have been a problem for a lot of websites owners over the years and it gets very annoying when you're not going through any bad or wrong channel when it comes to your effort in getting traffic to your website. Do you think it's something from Google?

Dealing with suspicious website traffic is an important aspect of maintaining the security. You should regularly monitor your website's traffic patterns and look for any unusual spikes or sources of traffic.

To protect your site from suspicious traffic, you need to identify the IP addresses engaging in suspicious activity, you can block them using IP blocking or blacklisting techniques.

Dealing with suspicious website traffic is an important aspect of maintaining the security. You should regularly monitor your website's traffic patterns and look for any unusual spikes or sources of traffic.

To protect your site from suspicious traffic, you need to identify the IP addresses engaging in suspicious activity, you can block them using IP blocking or blacklisting techniques.

You're right about that, if you don't deal with such suspicious website traffic as quickly as possible, there's a big chance you would get a breach from such traffic because they are targeted at your business.

I think these suspicious traffic can be generated non-organically or maybe intentionally. Sometime the impact is not desirable but sometimes it could be helpful.

Newest Directory Listings

Shortie
Forums
Clicks
Views
Comments
WWE Hub is a discussion forum for all things wrestling! Share and chat with other wrestling fans throughout the world!
momode
Forums
Clicks
Views
ABCProxy is cost-effective, ethical residential proxies network!
coderway
Forums
Clicks
Views
AI digital artwork generator
Back