Struggling with revenue generation

Nomad

Staff member
40,000 Post Club
Jan 5, 2021
USD
$0.0000USD
Biznotes
Are you running a website and struggling with revenue generation? How do you cope with low or no revenue on your website?
I am running multiple sites and all of my sites have very low revenue. For example, I am running a Business and Investment Forum and it managed to generate just $6 through AdSense in the last month. I spend more than that to maintain my website.
I would appreciate it if you could suggest some interesting ideas to build revenue.

One idea I want to try is a classifieds section. It's a cool way to make money and it's more agreeable to viewers than displaying ads.

One idea I want to try is a classifieds section. It's a cool way to make money and it's more agreeable to viewers than displaying ads.
I have not tried this yet, but I do believe that having classified ad section on your site can help you to earn, however, the main problem is to have paying clients. You need a huge traffic on your site to attract advertisers.

I have not tried this yet, but I do believe that having classified ad section on your site can help you to earn, however, the main problem is to have paying clients. You need a huge traffic on your site to attract advertisers.
Yeah, definitely that IS the problem. Anyway, though, it might be easier to get traffic for my niche then it seems. Well, I don't want to be too negative.

If you have a lot of traffic, it does not matter what your niche is, you will of course get paying clients. One of the easiest ways to get ads on your site is through buy sell ads. They have a huge traffic requirement, therefore, I have never used it.

Using AdSense its just to have something instead nothing, but AdSense is not good any more for starters or any other advertising network.
Starting a forum with just regular content is also a hard route, there are so much content already out there that is hard to retain people for just the content unless you have that content packed in courses, affiliated products/services. And to succeed on that, you need a large following list first. Particularly what makes a forum is a sense of community and participation. To get that you need to invest money no matter how you dress it. Give away, contests, competition etc... It's unreasonable to expect profits without building a following/community first. If you don't put quite a bit of money consistently into it, it's 99% that will take you forever to make it, or it might never happen - That's the hard truth

If you are hungry and really have the desire to succeed + determined, then join ForumRace. I will invest in those that do really follow and put the interest and work. I will not be babysitting grown ups ;)

Last edited:
Using AdSense its just to have something instead nothing, but AdSense is not good any more for starters or any other advertising network.
Starting a forum with just regular content is also a hard route, there are so much content already out there that is hard to retain people for just the content unless you have that content packed in courses, affiliated products/services. And to succeed on that, you need a large following list first. Particularly what makes a forum is a sense of community and participation. To get that you need to invest money no matter how you dress it. Give away, contests, competition etc... It's unreasonable to expect profits without building a following/community first. If you don't put quite a bit of money consistently into it, it's 99% that will take you forever to make it, or it might never happen - That's the hard truth

If you are hungry and really have the desire to succeed + determined, then join ForumRace. I will invest in those that do really follow and put the interest and work. I will not be babysitting grown ups ;)
I started forums because I was fairly successful with blogs and I wanted to maximize my earnings by running forums. After two years, I have found it really difficult to generate revenue from your forums. What ever you have said, I have learned from my personal experience. One of the reasons what I post on a lot of forums is to get engagements on my forums but I have not been very successful in that strategy. I have checked ForumRace and hopefully I will start using microlikes soon.

Newest Directory Listings

Shortie
Forums
Clicks
Views
WWE Hub is a discussion forum for all things wrestling! Share and chat with other wrestling fans throughout the world!
momode
Forums
Clicks
Views
ABCProxy is cost-effective, ethical residential proxies network!
coderway
Forums
Clicks
Views
AI digital artwork generator
Back