What's new

Signature in every post or just once per thread?

Grant

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor
5000+ Posts Club
Oct 27, 2020
USD
$134.3000USD
Biznotes
When it comes to allowing a signature with your users, how do you have it set per topic? I know some forums allow you to set signatures on or off, but you can also select whether a person can show their signature once in the topic, or every time they post. I like to have it in every post, but I'd understand to keep it cleaner you can have it in only one of their post, likely the first post they put in there.

What is your preference? Or do you just turn signatures completely off?

No, I don't turn off the use of signatures for promotion in my forum. It's should be encouraged to allow the use of signatures on forums to help forum owners advertise their forums to get new members. Signatures are allowed in all posts and threads in my forum.

I believe my forum is set it only show it once per page per member so the first post they make on each new page will show the signature. This keeps things more tidy imo.

Why would people post on your forum when you cannot even allow them to do signature advertising? Even though I am particular about the kind of advertising done on signatures, I allow signatures for every posts the user makes on the fourms

I don't believe that it is a good practice to prevent your forum members from making use of signatures on the account. This is because it is one of the best ways forums owners use to promote and advertise their own community, so that they will be growing as well from their participation in other people's platforms.

Newest Directory Listings

Shortie
Forums
Clicks
Views
Comments
WWE Hub is a discussion forum for all things wrestling! Share and chat with other wrestling fans throughout the world!
momode
Forums
Clicks
Views
ABCProxy is cost-effective, ethical residential proxies network!
coderway
Forums
Clicks
Views
AI digital artwork generator
Back