Risk of mining on laptop

BrolySSJ

The Legendary Super Saiyan
5000+ Posts Club
Dec 23, 2020
USD
$-0.1000USD
Biznotes
There are a lot of people that just get into cryptocurrency, and therefore they are under the impression that the simplest way that they are able to earn with as little work as possible is to mine the coins on your laptop. However, there are concerns with this. First, the hashrate that you can achieve with your laptop is very low, and therefore you are likely to earn much less than it is costing you in electricity and maintenance of your machine. Furthermore, the mining is highly CPU intensive, and therefore it can cause damage to your CPU and battery health as well, costing you more to replace these items. In my personal experience, I think that if you are interested in mining then you have to be willing to put in the investment in order to try and get the right equipment to set up a mining rig. What are your experiences with mining on your laptop/home pc?

I have never mined crypto/bitcoin, because the price of electricity in my country is very expensive. It is now possible to mine crypto with a laptop that has high capabilities, and of course it must be equipped with supporting devices both hardware and software.
Even solar one has costly installation requirements means even you use a panel of solar to generate electricity at your house it is still the same.

I stopped mining on my laptop when I received warning that it destroys the computer hardware.
You have totally true even return of mining aren't huge to recover such loses so the investment doesn't even worth it.

You have totally true even return of mining aren't huge to recover such loses so the investment doesn't even worth it.
The amount that one would accumulate from mining will not be enough to pay for the pc hardware if damaged.

The amount that one would accumulate from mining will not be enough to pay for the pc hardware if damaged.
This is the reason behind this is still useful for beginners because if you are a little experiment you will find more gigs to earn online without the need to pass by mining.

I get the idea that most of you who do mining are in it for the money, but I just let it run without even thinking about that. I use CryptoTab Browser to mine with, so there is no greater burden than if I use Chrome like I have for years. I don't even notice any difference until it hits 1,000 Satoshi and I cash it out. I enjoy being online, so I would do it anyway.
View attachment 25
It is strange that they doesn't use faucetpay as the bitcoin prices for transactions are really high and I would like why one of the transactions is canceled? By you or them?

It is strange that they doesn't use faucetpay as the bitcoin prices for transactions are really high and I would like why one of the transactions is canceled? By you or them?
I would not use it if they required FaucetPay, it's just one extra step and I like fast and simple. The Canceled withdrawal just failed to complete, so I canceled it and Withdrew double on the next one. No big deal.

I get the idea that most of you who do mining are in it for the money, but I just let it run without even thinking about that. I use CryptoTab Browser to mine with, so there is no greater burden than if I use Chrome like I have for years. I don't even notice any difference until it hits 1,000 Satoshi and I cash it out. I enjoy being online, so I would do it anyway.
View attachment 25
You have really make a lot with the cryptotab. Mine was very slow despite the fact that I have many affiliates. Do you establish a cryptotab farm?

I have read several articles on mining because it normally destroys the computer's hardware and that is why it is difficult to use it.

You are prone to cryptojacking if you mine with your personal computer (be it a desktop or a laptop).

You are prone to cryptojacking if you mine with your personal computer (be it a desktop or a laptop).
Use virtual machine instead of real machine for mining like Virtual Box or VMWare or similar software then virtual os will be infected and deleted in this case.

I think that mining on a laptop is not the most appropriate since these were not designed for it and the hardware is very limited for mining, I think that for this you must buy a specific hardware for cryptocurrency mining even if you have to invest some money.

I think that mining on a laptop is not the most appropriate since these were not designed for it and the hardware is very limited for mining, I think that for this you must buy a specific hardware for cryptocurrency mining even if you have to invest some money.
Tue indeed. However, if you use a gaming laptop, you can try mining as the gaming laptop meets specific requirement for mining.

I use CryptoTab on my Dell desktop and have never noticed any of these problems and I get paid 1,000 Satoshi every couple of weeks for doing the same amount of surfing I always have, only switching my default browser to CryptoTab. This screenshot shows my last few withdrawals Direct to my wallet and notice there are six pages like this one.

Attachments

• cryptotab-12-1.jpg
    cryptotab-12-1.jpg
    35 KB · Views: 2
I use CryptoTab on my Dell desktop and have never noticed any of these problems and I get paid 1,000 Satoshi every couple of weeks for doing the same amount of surfing I always have, only switching my default browser to CryptoTab. This screenshot shows my last few withdrawals Direct to my wallet and notice there are six pages like this one.
The problem with me stopping using Crypto Tab is that I compared the profits in BTC with other models of earning BTC online and the profits were very small, and you need to put it many times to mine (I used it on the smartphone)

Mining on a laptop can put significant strain on the device and shorten its lifespan. It can also cause the device to overheat, potentially damaging internal components.

Additionally, mining can consume a large amount of electricity and result in higher energy bills. It is generally not recommended to mine on a laptop due to these risks.

Mining on a laptop can put significant strain on the device and shorten its lifespan. It can also cause the device to overheat, potentially damaging internal components.

Additionally, mining can consume a large amount of electricity and result in higher energy bills. It is generally not recommended to mine on a laptop due to these risks.
You have valid point because I never considered using the laptop for mining as a good idea. You may not get the desired result because the laptop wasn't designed for mining purposes.

The problem with me stopping using Crypto Tab is that I compared the profits in BTC with other models of earning BTC online and the profits were very small, and you need to put it many times to mine (I used it on the smartphone)
If they are paying for free then it's worth it as you don't even need to do anything or solve captcha and it'll mine in the background.

Newest Directory Listings

Shortie
Forums
Clicks
Views
Comments
WWE Hub is a discussion forum for all things wrestling! Share and chat with other wrestling fans throughout the world!
momode
Forums
Clicks
Views
ABCProxy is cost-effective, ethical residential proxies network!
coderway
Forums
Clicks
Views
AI digital artwork generator
Back