Not open for further replies.

Shine_Spirit

Up-and-Coming Sensation
100 Posts Club
Feb 11, 2017
USD
$0.0000USD
Biznotes
Can you name a Rock band that is overrated (unnecessarily) by the media or by the fans?

In my opinion, I think The Strokes - despite being a good Rock band and I like them - is one of the Rock bans that gets a lot of attention without actually having so many well-developed or innovative musical attributes.

I really think that some bands are "not my cup of tea" but I can see how lots of other people like the band for one reason or another. I think I find most bands interesting in that they did it and somebody else did not do it-and so it must appeal to somebody out there and give them a voice-just like any kind of art?

I believe that it's all a matter of personal preference. You know what they say about one man's meat and all that. I think that there are always aspects of one band that you are in particular resonance with and yet those same aspects may be the reason why someone else might hate that same band.

Like Rocr said it all depends on personal preference. When I was a little girl up until now I found myself not likeing bands that everyone seem to be in love with, I don't know the reason why but something about the hype isn't of my appeal. Maybe it was the way my friends talked about them and they made fun of the bands I liked. It's all in the choices and everyone likes whatever they want.

The media gives favoritism to certain bands - giving them more exposure.
I agree 100%, though media - the radio - also do the same with alternative, pop, country, etc, so rock isn't the only one being affected.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Newest Directory Listings

Vicky1225
Forums
Clicks
Views
Expand your business scale with over 200 million clean IP addresses, stellar features, and affordable prices provided by 922S5Proxy.
Shortie
Forums
Clicks
Views
Comments
WWE Hub is a discussion forum for all things wrestling! Share and chat with other wrestling fans throughout the world!
momode
Forums
Clicks
Views
ABCProxy is cost-effective, ethical residential proxies network!
Back