Shine_Spirit

Up-and-Coming Sensation
100 Posts Club
Feb 11, 2017
USD
$0.0000USD
Biznotes
What would be your choice?

I honestly can't pick the favorite. I like Country music no matter the season. Of course there are many differences that have happened over the years, and the music has been modified in many ways, but the essence - though often distorted - remains (and this is what matters ;)).

I really am more of a Alt-Country person as far as this genre goes- and sometimes they call it Folk Rock,and artists from this genre include Kathleen Edwards and Neko Case,also Lucinda Williams,Wilco,Cowboy Junkies,Gillian Welch,Gram Parsons,John Prine,Nickel Creek,Tift Merritt,Cat Power,The Mountain Goats,and Mary Chapin Carpenter just to name a few though!

I really am more of a Alt-Country person as far as this genre goes- and sometimes they call it Folk Rock,and artists from this genre include Kathleen Edwards and Neko Case,also Lucinda Williams,Wilco,Cowboy Junkies,Gillian Welch,Gram Parsons,John Prine,Nickel Creek,Tift Merritt,Cat Power,The Mountain Goats,and Mary Chapin Carpenter just to name a few though!

You have a great list! How many excellent names... There's so much talent gathered. It's a shame that most people don't know them (or don't give themselves the opportunity to meet them :().

I like most of them! :cool:

I think there are beautiful songs and talents from both eras mentioned here; old country and new. I feel as though country is also one of the easiest for most people to relate with or to because of what the writers have to say. I do still get a chuckle every now and then whenever I hear pickup trucks being mentioned xD

I think there are beautiful songs and talents from both eras mentioned here; old country and new. I feel as though country is also one of the easiest for most people to relate with or to because of what the writers have to say. I do still get a chuckle every now and then whenever I hear pickup trucks being mentioned xD
Agreed however i think New Country is geared toward the Younger Generation and Old country like Dolly PArton and such are geared towards older generation

The new country isn't that bad. But you know, some people are ridiculously prejudiced against it - associating it with beer, girls, and pick-ups. :rolleyes:

Well I have to admit that I do hear about pickups in a lot of the songs, along with beer/whiskey/women xD

I have to admit that I am not well versed with country music although I can say that I also like that genre. And when it comes to country, the songs of John Denver can be used as the barometer. I prefer Denver's style over the classic country, songs that were popular during the time of my parents.

Both of them have their unique characteristics.
In accordance with the mindset of people it has to be changed.

Newest Directory Listings

• Featured
Vicky1225
Forums
Clicks
Views
Expand your business scale with over 200 million clean IP addresses, stellar features, and affordable prices provided by 922S5Proxy.
Shortie
Forums
Clicks
Views
Comments
WWE Hub is a discussion forum for all things wrestling! Share and chat with other wrestling fans throughout the world!
momode
Forums
Clicks
Views
ABCProxy is cost-effective, ethical residential proxies network!
Back