What's new

Is irrelevant traffic a good thing for a website?

Claraviolet

Addicted Member
1000 Posts Club
Jun 19, 2015
USD
$0.0000USD
Biznotes
If it's genuine traffic then everything is good. However, what if the website is getting too much irrelevant traffic( be it spam bots or something else...anything apart from the genuine visits)?

These days, I have been dealing with lots of spam accounts and most of them are not spambots( as they need to pass several security checks thanks to all the plug-ins installed). However, they are all irrelevant users and I had to temporarily disable the registrations due to this.

So, any idea how to deal with this situation? Have you ever come across anything like this before? I really need some tips as this might drive away genuine new users. Thanks in advance!

If you have a lot of irrelevant traffic coming to your website, they are more likely to click off, increasing your bounce rate, and thereby affecting your domain authority.
It starts with how a page is advertised. Misleading title tags and meta descriptions translate to poor targeting–the main reason for pogo-sticking and short clicks. Users will go back to SERP to find a page that best satisfies their queries.
So, it's suggested to optimize your content with the right keywords.

Irrelevant traffic is always bound to happen to your website and sometimes it might not even be intentions but you should be able to curb that after proper upgrading your website

Irrelevant traffic are not useful to website. It's better you have few traffic than having many irrelevant traffic. Irrelevant traffic are traffic that that are not giving anything to your blog or website. There are click don't even bring anything to your website.

irrelevant traffic can be both good and bad at the same time, the good part is that it can really help your site ranking and seo as well but also you will be getting leads from people who are not interested on your content.

For me it is not good sign for your website as it can make your ads click rate higher and also bounce rate will be high and it can impact on your rankings and quality of sites too.

irrelevant traffic can be both good and bad at the same time, the good part is that it can really help your site ranking and seo as well but also you will be getting leads from people who are not interested on your content.
I see however I have observed that bounce rate had increased thanks to this irrelevant traffic. I do track my site analytics from time to time and this is what I had observed.

I wonder if we can stop this irrelevant traffic somehow. I had to disable the registrations temporarily thanks to all the spam accounts and now probably I am driving away potential new users as well.

I haven't even observed any increase in my AdSense income either.
So, I don't think it's beneficial at all...at least for my forum anyway.

I think this will be dependent on how niche specific your site is - if it's a general one that doesn't require you putting out content relevant to a particular audience, I don't think you should be much worried. If it isn't, then you'll have to do more

when running a site you really have to do more and be hardworking in so many ways that is if you intend to have any atom of success at all with your website on the long run.

wonder if we can stop this irrelevant traffic somehow. I had to disable the registrations temporarily thanks to all the spam accounts and now probably I am driving away potential new users as well.

wonder if we can stop this irrelevant traffic somehow. I had to disable the registrations temporarily thanks to all the spam accounts and now probably I am driving away potential new users as well.
i believe you should learn why and how you are getting so much irrelevant traffic, that is the first step in stopping it, if not they might still keep coming back no matter what you keep trying.

Your website will inevitably receive irrelevant traffic, sometimes without your knowledge, but after properly updating it, you should be able to stop that.

Your website will inevitably receive irrelevant traffic, sometimes without your knowledge, but after properly updating it, you should be able to stop that.
It does happen especially when your site is receiving bot traffic which some people would try to sabotage your efforts, it has happened to one of my friend before and it was not funny

Irrelevant traffic coursed by intruding spams are all ways going to affecting your domain policy. An advice is that your domain to have active moderators and technical team to deal with that aspect of irrelevant traffic.

this is on of the reasons you need to be as active as possible when you have a blog or website as many hackers would be trying so much to intrude into your site and your team should be prepared to combat such

If it's genuine traffic then everything is good. However, what if the website is getting too much irrelevant traffic( be it spam bots or something else...anything apart from the genuine visits)?

These days, I have been dealing with lots of spam accounts and most of them are not spambots( as they need to pass several security checks thanks to all the plug-ins installed). However, they are all irrelevant users and I had to temporarily disable the registrations due to this.

So, any idea how to deal with this situation? Have you ever come across anything like this before? I really need some tips as this might drive away genuine new users. Thanks in advance!

Some people may opine that irrelevant traffic is still traffic regardless, so in the shirt term it could be advantageous, no doubt. However, in the long run, this will most likely destabilize your website as a whole

You need traffic on your site primarily for revenue generation. Your site will generate revenue only when there are engagements on ada and there are ad impression. if the traffic you receive does not engage on your ads, you will not earn.

The irrelevant traffic can be minimized by making use of captcha for the site. The captcha will prevent spam and not from getting free entrance to the site. Irrelevant traffic is not good for website.

High bounce rates can result from irrelevant traffic because visitors are leaving the page without reading the material or performing any other action. The volume of organic visitors to the website may fall as a result of a drop in listing on results pages for search engines.

Newest Directory Listings

• Featured
Vicky1225
Forums
Clicks
Views
Expand your business scale with over 200 million clean IP addresses, stellar features, and affordable prices provided by 922S5Proxy.
Shortie
Forums
Clicks
Views
Comments
WWE Hub is a discussion forum for all things wrestling! Share and chat with other wrestling fans throughout the world!
momode
Forums
Clicks
Views
ABCProxy is cost-effective, ethical residential proxies network!
Back