What's new

How do you deal with internet outages while working online?

Grant

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor
5000+ Posts Club
Oct 27, 2020
USD
$134.3000USD
Biznotes
Working online means you are reliant on the internet to stay up and active 24/7 or whenever you're working. But, sometimes the internet goes out, and when that happens, you don't know how long it'll take to get back up. In the US here, it can depend on your ISP. Some are better than the others and some take longer to fix an outage than the others. What do you do when the internet goes out and you can't work? Do you find other work to do? Or do you just wait until the internet turns back on? I would try to use the time to plan things out some for work. It could make work later easier to tackle.

Well if I have decided to worked much online for a living, I will always try to have different plans which can assist me in terms of such situation.

I will love to have different ISP addresses which can be standby if any of them failed.

When I'm working online and my internet is bad I switch to something offline. I focus on my to-do list and set towards achieving my set goals for the day. I'd attend to chores and make business calls

We do rarely experience internet outage here in Nigeria. Internet could be slow at times or no internet at all in some areas. The only challenge we have here is power failure. We hardly enjoy constant power supply. As a online business person, you must make arrangements for alternative power source.

For me, the key to managing internet outages is having different internet providers at the same. Here, internet depends a lot on network providers. And since I mostly use my phone to work, I depend on several network providers for internet subscription. I'm always subscribed to at least two providers at the same time. So, if one decide to act funny I'll switch to the other in an instant.

In such a case i really do not have any other choice but to wait. There was a time i was working online and the internet went off for almost thirty minutes if not more, it was so frustrating but i had no choice than to wait till it comes back up.

If it's an electrical outage that is the cause, we have a whole house generator that automatically turns on when the power goes out. That's well worth the money spent on that piece of equipment! If it's our ISP, sometimes we can still use our phones if we get a signal. Parts of our house is a deadzone, unfortunately.

Working online can be difficult and disruptive when there is an internet outage. It's crucial to inform coworkers and clients about the outage and any delays it might cause. Projects' negative consequences can be reduced by setting reasonable expectations and keeping everyone updated.

It happens rarely, but when it does, I'm grateful to find an excuse to do my hobbies, like reading a book or cooking. I really like working online, so it's annoying when the internet shuts down in the middle of my work, but since it happens so rarely, I don't mind.

For me I don't have a choice than to wait when the internet in stable then I can start working, because for me a only problem I have when working online my network do slow down sometimes.

Internet outages while working online can be frustrating, so I tend two have alternative plans Incase the network provider am using goes out, I switch to another internet provider.

It's one of the cause of delay in my online work. But the best way I tackle it is to switch to writing with pen since most time I do more of typing ideas once they come to my head.

Working online means you are reliant on the internet to stay up and active 24/7 or whenever you're working. But, sometimes the internet goes out, and when that happens, you don't know how long it'll take to get back up. In the US here, it can depend on your ISP. Some are better than the others and some take longer to fix an outage than the others. What do you do when the internet goes out and you can't work? Do you find other work to do? Or do you just wait until the internet turns back on? I would try to use the time to plan things out some for work. It could make work later easier to tackle.

This is actually the reason why I pay for multiple subscription for my internet connectivity so that I will not be handicapped when a particular network goes off when I have something important to do. I will just simply switch to another network.

I have a backup generator that is strong enough to power my modem and PC for 2 hours in the event of a power outage. This is needed where I live as we have several power outages a year and I have lost work in the past because of it.

Currently, I am living in a city where internet outages are rare. When this happens, I take a break to watch movies and play games. However, when I was living in a small town, internet outages were frequent and I solved this problem by using an internet connection from two different providers. It was rate for two internet providers to go offline at the same time.

As you have mentioned, it depends on your ISP of which some might be better than others and it may takes longer or less time to fixed.

I will advise you you make a better choice of getting such that will be more easier for you to fixed.

The only thing that we experience more here in Africa is power outage. Most times you are working on your computer and system goes off due to power cut. You have to wait for it to be restored or you find alternative sources...

I'm making use of all the 3 telecommunications companies network in my country. They are MTN, Glo and Airtel. All of them are trash because there's no day it's not one problem or another. I pay for internet subscription on all 3 of them. When one start misbehaving, I will switch to the other. It's the only way I can keep myself from being active online all the time.

When internet goes off, there is nothing I can do. I have to wait for the services to get restored. I usually contact my internet service provider in case if I face problems. I think that this is what normally a person would do. Their technicians usually fix the issue. We rarely face any kind of problem related to internet.

Newest Directory Listings

Vicky1225
Forums
Clicks
Views
Expand your business scale with over 200 million clean IP addresses, stellar features, and affordable prices provided by 922S5Proxy.
Shortie
Forums
Clicks
Views
Comments
WWE Hub is a discussion forum for all things wrestling! Share and chat with other wrestling fans throughout the world!
momode
Forums
Clicks
Views
ABCProxy is cost-effective, ethical residential proxies network!
Back