What's new

How Do You Charge: Per Hour or Per Task?

Nomad

Staff member
40,000 Post Club
Jan 5, 2021
USD
$0.0000USD
Biznotes
Even though I have worked for hourly rate, my favorite ways to bill clients by charging per task. Let's say a certain task takes 3 hours to complete, instead of asking $10 per hour and total $30 for the task, I might ask for $30 for the task. I might charge higher for the tasks that take more time to compete and are more complicated in nature.

How do you determine your daily rate? How do you ensure that your rate reflect how much work you have to do?

It's basically what I want to make per hour, multiplied by 8 hours - which is the average person's workday here. But I consider this my minimum daily rate, whether I actually take 8 hours to complete, or it only takes 5, I still charge the daily rate.

I like charging per task. How much I would charge depends on how much time and effort I will have to put. However, sometimes I also have to agree with what the client is offering. My charges also depend on how badly I want money.

I take it you work as a freelancer? Because usually on the labour market as a freelancer there is a minimum hourly rate for performing activities and tasks. I would prefer a total amount for the work done for example you need to repair a 7 minute video and it takes 4 hours I would ask for the whole 4 hour job for about 30$.

Newest Directory Listings

AjayJunkies
Forums
Clicks
Views
Admin-Junkies.com is a free Admin, SEO, & Webmaster Community!
Here are some video (guidelines) on how to make money online without investing a dime
Back