What's new

How do crypto currency scams operate?

Crypto scams can take several form such as HYIP and ponzi sites , scam exchange sites , phishing sites and many more. These scam site admins tend to hide their real address and are always busy in setting up new scam ponzi sites. Its easy to recognize such sites by the templet or the fake investment offers made by them.

Well, if you look up scams, there are quite a few different types of them; and with that, there are quire a few that are common, even among crypto currencies. Really the only way to know if something is a scam, is to look it up. The alternative, is if it sounds too good to be true. If it sounds too good to be true, it is probably a scam of some sort, like a Multi-Level Marketing Scheme. Now, not all MLM's are scams, but most of them pretty much are, because it requires people to put in, with the hopes of getting money, when the early adapters really are the ones getting the money in return.
well explained and i am fully agreed with but you must know that how they scam in an easy way when people give crypto with their consent as they deposit in any site for investment and the site goes scam..

There are a surprising amount of websites that have been put up to look like legitimate startup firms. Think twice if there isn't a little lock icon signifying security near the URL bar and no "https" in the site address.

It could come in various forms, it could be through a smart contract or through and investment plathform where you might be told to save certain amount of coins with them to get back double within a certain period of time.

I have seen some people talking about the possibility of losing one's crypto currencies to scam and I am confused as to how that could be possible, I usually think crypto currencies are already safe and cannot be hacked or lost by any means.
Do you know of how crypto scams operate?
It could be a personal experience or one you read, I would be glad if you share any.
There are many ways and method in which people get scammed of their cryoto currency, firstly there are scam investment sites that lures people to invest their coin and later dupe you an there's are some that hide under crypto currency exchange platform.

It could come in various forms, it could be through a smart contract or through and investment plathform where you might be told to save certain amount of coins with them to get back double within a certain period of time.
I have experienced of that. The investment site says that from 10 cents your money will double in just a day. True enough as they promised it multiplied. The problem is on the withdrawal. I requested withdrawal and 2 years passed until now it was not completed.

The cryptocurrencies scams operate in the much like ways tht you know HYIP platforms operate. They usually come on the form of investment in cryptocurrencies

I have seen some people talking about the possibility of losing one's crypto currencies to scam and I am confused as to how that could be possible, I usually think crypto currencies are already safe and cannot be hacked or lost by any means.
It could be a personal experience or one you read, I would be glad if you share any.
It is safe and it can't be jacked as well but when it get to exchanging of it to your local currency you might get scammed on some platform like that through their trusted vendor as well.

There are many ways and method in which people get scammed of their cryoto currency, firstly there are scam investment sites that lures people to invest their coin and later dupe you an there's are some that hide under crypto currency exchange platform.
I have seen some of the investment sites that usually deceive people to put their crypto currencies and expect high Profits within a very short time.

Most of the crypto currency scams are fake crypto currency. They create a fake currency and when people invest a lot of money, they just disappear. This has happened numerous times.

There are a surprising amount of websites that have been put up to look like legitimate startup firms. Think twice if there isn't a little lock icon signifying security near the URL bar and no "https" in the site address.
Nowadays there are lot of scam hyips with https , and look like they are really paying. But their statistics of deposits and withdrawals make it easy to judge whether the site is scam or legit. They have more deposits than withdrawal amounts.

You can never know how scam sites operates unless you make a research on them right before you start investing on the so called crypto currency investment sites.

You can never know how scam sites operates unless you make a research on them right before you start investing on the so called crypto currency investment sites.
Some of them do not have a trust pilot page where we can read to get to understand whether they are legit or not, so we learn the hard way by losing to them.

Crypto currency exchange scams operate in different ways. Some will tell you that you should donate your crypto currency to them that they wiok help you double it and send it back to you. Immediately you do that your coin is gone

Since these days every crypto currency are gainnig value, the scammers are taking an opportunity to create a fake currency, make people invest in it and them run away with the money

Crypto currency exchange scam happen in different way. There are some people that create different shitcoin. They go on social media to promote it and when huge amount of people buy the coin they close their platform down and let people lose money

Cryptocurrency scams operate by getting the gullible and uninformed individuals that have one clue on how scams operate. When something is actually too good to be true, it most certainly is a scam

There many ways that the scammers scam with crypto currency. Like some times when I received a message that I have been paid 0.1 BTC for COVID-19 fund. And they ask me to send 0.002 BTC as fee to receive the fund. That is a scam

It works in so many ways but the one I am very familiar with is the telegram bot scam.
You will be invited to get some airdrop through some telegram mining bot, after accommodating a reasonable amount and you go for withdrawal, you will be required to pay a certain amount of crypto before you can withdraw.
If you fall to this trick and send your money to them, be aware that it is gone.
Another is by donating your crypto to some online orphanage group.
You just need to be careful of what you get involved in on the internet

I don't think it's currently possible to hack into a cryto wallet. The only thing said about fraud as regards to cryto is that most people use it for fraudulent activities because it's untraceable.

Newest Directory Listings

Shortie
Forums
Clicks
Views
WWE Hub is a discussion forum for all things wrestling! Share and chat with other wrestling fans throughout the world!
momode
Forums
Clicks
Views
ABCProxy is cost-effective, ethical residential proxies network!
coderway
Forums
Clicks
Views
AI digital artwork generator
Back