What's new

Have You Used Mastodon? Have You Considered Starting Your Own Instance?

kensonplays

Familiar Face
Sep 20, 2023
USD
$0.0000USD
Biznotes
Have any of you considered starting your own Mastodon instance? It is free and open source, and an great alternative to Twitter (I don't like to call it X lol).

Even though it is free and open source, if you do not have your own VPS or dedicated machine, it is recommended to go through one of the hosting providers that set it up for you. That is the much easier option anyway, if you do not have much technical expertise.

I have considered starting one, but with XenForo I can offer more than Mastodon has. Since there is status updates on profiles, but it is not as easy to find. Although that is not the primary purpose of a forum, forums are meant for more focused, dedicated topics.

To be honest, though, I hope that Mastodon takes off and becomes much more popular than it is. Twitter needs competition, big time.

I have heard of Mastodon but never checked it. I do not even know what its interface actually looks like. I don't know what Mastodon instance is, can you please explain this to me? I have a hosting, so how do I use Mastodon instance to create my own Twitter-like site?

Newest Directory Listings

Shortie
Forums
Clicks
Views
Comments
WWE Hub is a discussion forum for all things wrestling! Share and chat with other wrestling fans throughout the world!
momode
Forums
Clicks
Views
ABCProxy is cost-effective, ethical residential proxies network!
coderway
Forums
Clicks
Views
AI digital artwork generator
Back