What's new

Have you ever forgotten to back up your database and lost anything significant?

Shortie

Freelance Writer and Video Game Content Creator!
1000 Posts Club
Dec 6, 2022
USD
$6.0500USD
Biznotes
It has probably happened to many of us in our time of building websites, forums or blogs where we have forgotten to backup our database before making changes and something goes wrong and we find ourselves with a broken database with no way of pulling it back to how it was prior. I am one of those people when I was new to forums who did just that and I lost everything and had to start again, it was a learning curve though and taught me to always ensure I backed up before I made any changes to the forum.

Have you ever been in a situation where you forgot to backup your database and made changes and it went wrong and you lost everything? What did you do when it happened?

Currently, i don't own a website and so i haven't ever forgotten to back up my database and lost anything significant. I think it might be something i might forget to do when i own a website because i'm sometimes forgetful.

This was actually one of the most sad day of my life because I spent a lot of time and resources trying to build it. I had to pick up myself and then start from the beginning again.

It has probably happened to many of us in our time of building websites, forums or blogs where we have forgotten to backup our database before making changes and something goes wrong and we find ourselves with a broken database with no way of pulling it back to how it was prior. I am one of those people when I was new to forums who did just that and I lost everything and had to start again, it was a learning curve though and taught me to always ensure I backed up before I made any changes to the forum.

Have you ever been in a situation where you forgot to backup your database and made changes and it went wrong and you lost everything? What did you do when it happened?
I am not actually in charge of the database. But I have lost quite a lot of significant information from my mobile device and my computer as a result of not backing up. I learn a lot from that.

This has happened to me in the past with Revillution when I first started it in 2009. I think around 2011 i had to redo it because of a botched upgrade, I didn't have any working backups that would stick. I think that's when I started using ZetaBoards having been fed up with unreliable backups...... Unfortunately ZB closed and we were forced to start over on self-hosting once more in 2019.

this would have been a very painful experience because i could imagine the level of work you would have put in to get the amount of data you have and to lose it all in a split second must be really devastating

This was actually one of the most sad day of my life because I spent a lot of time and resources trying to build it. I had to pick up myself and then start from the beginning again.
I have been seeing allot of people trying to complain about this same mistake which they made, but I think mostly there is an option for backup, don't you think that's possible.

I don't own a website, so I haven't experienced that. It will be a very pathetic sight actually, to loose everything you have tried to build in just a moment because one forgets to backup.

I have been in to such situation where I Lost my bank wallet access due to the reason of not backing up login details. What I did about the situation is that reach to customer care support via there website.

When this happens to you, it is extremely heartbreaking because all of the years you have spent working on something has just been wiped out without a trace. However, you have to rise above this predicament once more

I am am always careful about the things I do using computer, I always make it a habit to store my important information on a database.
This has helped me alot in avoiding loss of data.

I am am always careful about the things I do using computer, I always make it a habit to store my important information on a database.
This has helped me alot in avoiding loss of data.
having an alternative means of storing your information is very crucial and important and you would be safeguarding yourself by doing this as well, because you never can say what might happen in the future.

Recently, it happened to me that I lost all major files on my laptop because I failed to back them up. Out of nowhere, my laptop just develop fault and the engineer told me that the only to repair it is by formatting it. I don't have any other option than agree.

this would have been a very painful experience because i could imagine the level of work you would have put in to get the amount of data you have and to lose it all in a split second must be really devastating
It is definitely going to be a painful experience if it is never going to happen to you. The best thing to do is that you should have multiple channels where you usually park up your data.

Well, many of us would have had such experience since we always have access when there's just availability of light. Also, being hurry or careless might cause someone to lose significant information as a result of not backing up computer but there are ways to get and only expert can show us that.

Well I think, in as much as most of us here have access to either our domain, forum or website, we may experience this. I have ever lost my data due to not backing up the site before it expires.

Thankfully no, but I have come close to losing files and other data before from past sites I've run. Mainly due to my limited knowledge starting. But I had people helping me and they made sure to back things up before anything happened.

I once lost the entire content of my website. I was working on the site and had not created the backup. I encountered some issues and the site got deleted. I lost 25 articles. Sadly, I did not have any backup of these articles.

I once lost the entire content of my website. I was working on the site and had not created the backup. I encountered some issues and the site got deleted. I lost 25 articles. Sadly, I did not have any backup of these articles.
So sorry about this, as I can imagine how painful it is, after going through the stress and spending countless hours in making sure your website stay up to standard, then you suddenly lose everything

Losing my articles was a greater problem than losing the site in general because I did not have any backup for the articles. These articles were directly written and published on the website. IT was a great loss.

Newest Directory Listings

• Featured
Vicky1225
Forums
Clicks
Views
Comments
Expand your business scale with over 200 million clean IP addresses, stellar features, and affordable prices provided by 922S5Proxy.
Shortie
Forums
Clicks
Views
Comments
WWE Hub is a discussion forum for all things wrestling! Share and chat with other wrestling fans throughout the world!
momode
Forums
Clicks
Views
ABCProxy is cost-effective, ethical residential proxies network!
Back