What's new

Has anyone here moved away from Apple/Windows to Linux?

glitch

beep boop
1000 Posts Club
Mar 16, 2022
USD
$0.0000USD
Biznotes
I made the switch about 10 years ago and I completely moved away from Windows entirely in 2019. I have not looked back. I moved away from it as I value privacy, security, and opensource software is just more trustworthy and reliable. Has anyone here moved away from Apple/Windows to Linux?

I made the switch about 10 years ago and I completely moved away from Windows entirely in 2019. I have not looked back. I moved away from it as I value privacy, security, and opensource software is just more trustworthy and reliable. Has anyone here moved away from Apple/Windows to Linux?
I haven't. I'm not technically inclined so am quite cautious & wary doing anything that is tech involved. I wouldn't mind however switching over. Do you perhaps know if Linux has a version of Microsoft Word & would somebody be able to move Word over to the Linux version?

Sure, that makes the two of us. I made the switch from Windows to Linux about five years ago, and it's been a game-changer for me. Like you, I value privacy, security, and the transparency that comes with open-source software. Linux offers a wide range of distributions and customization options, making it an excellent choice for those seeking a more tailored and reliable computing experience. Moving away from proprietary operating systems was a decision I haven't regretted, and I'm glad to be a part of the Linux community. If anyone else here has made the switch, I'd love to hear about your experiences too!

I've used Linux on a couple of my PCs, and some I used as my daily driver for years. My current PC has Windows 10, but my laptop/tablet combo (currently broken) has Ubuntu on it. I need to get it fixed soon, but have been putting it off.

I love Linux though, it's a really awesome OS if you want to try something new. And most distros are free and open source, so no need to pay $50-$100 or more for an OS.

Although for the most part of my life I have been a windows user and have tried almost every operating system that windows has had, there were a couple of years that I used linux, basically because I borrowed a computer from a friend and it had Linux installed, I liked it and installed it later on my computer, then I went back to Windows.

I am not completely moved to Linux, I use dual boot. Whenever I want to play some game I switch back to Windows. Dual boot requires a bit of time to set up at first but once you are done you can enjoy the best of both OS.

Although for the most part of my life I have been a windows user and have tried almost every operating system that windows has had, there were a couple of years that I used linux, basically because I borrowed a computer from a friend and it had Linux installed, I liked it and installed it later on my computer, then I went back to Windows.

I have been loyal to Windows. I don't always like to change a lot of things that can make me start to learn some new ways of operating the system. So, I always stick to rje Windows Os with the Windows 7 being my most preferred version on the Windows Os system.

I have used Linux, but I prefer Windows 11. Mainly because of the support for games. There are 100 times more free software in Windows than in Linux. I can also use MS Office, which is important for work-related needs.

I have always used Windows PCs, and I have never owned or used Mac computers. I have never tried Linux. I have used mac computers momentarily (at my friend's office) but do not know what it is like to use a linux.

I've used Linux a little bit, but I can't use it as my primary operating system since some of the programs I use for one of my hobbies relies on Windows and doesn't work under any other operating system. I know Wine exists to get Windows programs working on Linux, but I wouldn't want to deal with getting that set up.

Newest Directory Listings

Shortie
Forums
Clicks
Views
Comments
WWE Hub is a discussion forum for all things wrestling! Share and chat with other wrestling fans throughout the world!
momode
Forums
Clicks
Views
ABCProxy is cost-effective, ethical residential proxies network!
coderway
Forums
Clicks
Views
AI digital artwork generator
Back