Administrative Team
Valued Contributor
VIP Member
5000+ Posts Club
Jul 20, 2016
USD
$1.7675USD
Biznotes
Do you give out an elite or forum sponsor status to any of your members? Once people earn the group, do they keep it for the life of the forum or do you eventually remove them? What perks do you often give them? Is it a paid item, or do you give it away to loyal members?

Last edited:
I have participated on a lot of forums. There was a time when I was posting on 20 forums every day. However, I never paid for membership or vip membership on any forums I participated. However, I did earn VIP status on a handful of forums.

If I do start up my own forum in the nearest foreseeable future I would have what we call premium members who will have more benefit than normal members and they will pay for this benefit. They will be renewing their membership either monthly or yearly.

I have been participating in a lot of forum sites and I have never come accross anything that looks like an elite or forum sponsor status in any of the websites, but if at all it was given to anybody , it should be for life because they earned it.

Do you give out an elite or forum sponsor status to any of your members? Once people earn the group, do they keep it for the life of the forum or do you eventually remove them? What perks do you often give them? Is it a paid item, or do you give it away to loyal members?
This remind me of working in a forum some years back,but the forum promise to reward me at the end of my work in there but for them to reward me in a monetize way I was giving a vip membership in there tho.

Its good to reward an integral member in the forum, that helps in creating quality contents that engage members, and improve the forum traffic.

Elite status is a classification made by a company or organization for their clientele as a preferred customer. It is most commonly used as a part of an airline or hotel rewards program. Elite status comes with benefits that are not available to the general public or are only available for an additional fee.

I think elite or VIP membership should be offered to the most consistent and hardworking members in the site/forum. Anyone working hard should be rewarded.

I don't do that. However, I can see it could be vastly useful. Well, to make any real money from it, there should be something valuable. For instance, if you have a web marketing forum, then the VIP section could include valuable information from proven marketing strategies, as in the writer actually had very profitable success.

I think that giving it to the people that are loyal can be quite helpful because it will encourage them to be on the forum and to be active on the website as well.

I even have participated on a number of boards. There became a time after I became posting on 20 boards each day. However, I by no means paid for club or vip club on any boards I participated. However, I did earn VIP repute on a handful of boards.

That's not what I do.
However, I can see how that may be quite beneficial.
It should have something of value for you to actually profit from it.
For instance, if you run an online marketing forum, the VIP section can offer useful advice on tried-and-true marketing techniques, as the author has already achieved great success in these areas.

I don't own a forum currently, but if i finally do, i would offer elite or VIP status to members who have been dedicated to the forum or contribute a lot to the forum. I see it as a way of encouraging these members.

Newest Directory Listings

Shortie
Forums
Clicks
Views
WWE Hub is a discussion forum for all things wrestling! Share and chat with other wrestling fans throughout the world!
momode
Forums
Clicks
Views
ABCProxy is cost-effective, ethical residential proxies network!
coderway
Forums
Clicks
Views
AI digital artwork generator
Back