Electronic vs Acoustic

test-user

Resident Member
500 Posts Club
Jul 11, 2016
USD
$0.0000USD
Biznotes
What might be some advantages of an electronic set vs an acoustic one, or visa versa? For one thing, an electronic set can be turned down or played with headphones. On the other hand, the acoustic look seems more classic to some people.

Another advantage I think acoustic may have over electronic is that electronic sounds is been subjected to some mods and amplifications in the production. Acoustic is produced directly by the artist and is more natural.

It also becomes difficult with an electric if you can't get your setup right in certain places while with an acoustic, you can play anywhere right away. It mostly depends on what your position is.

I've tried an electronic drum before and I don't like the sound you're making when you hit each plates--I'm not sure what you call it in Electronic drums but those are the stuff you hit with the drum sticks. For some reason, the feel is pretty much unusual. Although the good thing about the Electronic variant is that it's very portable than of the traditional ones, and it also doesn't eat much of a studio space. If I'll be asked if I'm going to buy one, probably not.

I prefer electronic. The reason for that is that electronic is way more configurable that acoustic. Some people like the natural feeling of acoustic and will drift to that side but I'm an electronics type of guy.

I prefer electronic. The reason for that is that electronic is way more configurable that acoustic. Some people like the natural feeling of acoustic and will drift to that side but I'm an electronics type of guy.
Yeah, I've also heard that once an acoustic has aged too much, it doesn't sound too well while with the electronic, you can fix or change one part and it will work properly. Technology wins sometimes.

I love both electronic and acoustic, I can't say I prefer one over the other. I recall a fantastic acoustic Nirvana concert, really hard to beat, but just imagine an acoustic ACDC concert, it would suck right? So everything in it's due place, and that's another beauty of music, it's diversity.

I love both electronic and acoustic, I can't say I prefer one over the other. I recall a fantastic acoustic Nirvana concert, really hard to beat, but just imagine an acoustic ACDC concert, it would suck right? So everything in it's due place, and that's another beauty of music, it's diversity.

While I also think that electronic drum kits have their uses, you are right @to7update and it all depends on how they are being used. Off the top of my head, in a live performance on a stage I can't think of many (if any) rock bands that make use of electronic drums. In the studio it might be different, and I'm sure that sometimes they do use electronic to get a particular sound that will be better on a song, but on the whole I wouldn't have thought that many rock bands would choose electronic drums over the traditional acoustic ones.

I can't decide because I really like the two sonorities. It all depends on my mood at the moment I choose to listen to some music. I see benefits in both styles and really think it's a matter of personal taste because both styles are great! ;)

I would go for Acoustic drums. It does not mean that I do not support electric ones but when I have a choice I will go for Acoustic ones.

I can understand you... It's a hard choice, isn't it? :confused: But the important thing is that we like to listen to musics (we are on the good side of the strength :D). In the end, that's what really matters. :)

Whether it is a drum, guitar or keyboard, I will go with acoustic. Electric music is too heavy for me. Drum is a loud instrument and even more if it is electric drums. It is not that I don't like electric drum, I do like listening to electric drum if I am in the mood to party. However, acoustic drums are ever green, they will never disappoint you whether you are listening to it alone or are with a bunch of friends in the party or concert.

I can understand you... It's a hard choice, isn't it? :confused: But the important thing is that we like to listen to musics (we are on the good side of the strength :D). In the end, that's what really matters. :)
I agree. In the end it is only the good music that matters. Although I do not favor electronic ones but the fact is that I have heard the weirdest of music coming from the acoustic ones as well. So as you said... It is a real tough choice.

I'm a fan of an acoustic drum set over electronic drum sets. Sure both have it's pros and cons but nothing beats a real sound of an acoustic drum set.

I'm a fan of an acoustic drum set over electronic drum sets. Sure both have it's pros and cons but nothing beats a real sound of an acoustic drum set.

I agree with you, the drums actually has an impressive and striking sound. One of my favorite musical genres is "Rock" and without the drums, it would be nothing. I love the sound! :cool:

I agree with you, the drums actually has an impressive and striking sound. One of my favorite musical genres is "Rock" and without the drums, it would be nothing. I love the sound! :cool:

You are totally right about how the acoustic drums have that impressive and striking sound to it. The drums really helps rock music to make it what it is.

Newest Directory Listings

smmgoal
Forums
Clicks
Views
Esimbuy.org is an innovative online platform that specializes in e-SIM products and services. As e-SIM technology continues to gain popularity for its flexibility and convenience, Esimbuy.org provides users with easy access to this modern solution
Nebulous
Forums
Clicks
Views
Off Topix is the best general discussion community around!
Back