What's new

Do you think modern movies are not as good?

glitch

beep boop
1000 Posts Club
Mar 16, 2022
USD
$0.0000USD
Biznotes
I seldom find myself wanting to watch newer movies. I still will go back and watch older ones, ones I may have seen several times already or ones that were overlooked when they were new. I feel as though movies have been at a sharp decline since 2010. Some are great but most are just terrible and not even worth watching.

I think the problem is superhero/comicbook movies. I think it's causing people some fatigue with the genre. Not only do we have a slew of movies in the Marvel Cinematic universe, we're now getting tv shows that also connect to the same universe. It's tiring to have to watch a slew of shows to keep up with the ever expanding story of their universe. It's the same with the Star Wars franchise now. They have like 3 or 4 show that are apart of their universe. And I think all these superhero movies coming out almost every month now, it hurts other films, like comedies for example. I saw a video the other day about how there hasn't been as many comedic movies released theatrically, everyone is making a superhero movie now.

The DC side of things is even worse. They're throwing everything they can to try and appeal to people. I couldn't stand the Snyderverse, Man of Steel was to me, underwhelming and predictable. Batman V Superman was boring and too long. Same with the Justice League movie and the Snyder cut. No one wants a 3+ hour long movie that drags and drags on. Give me a clear cut story under 2 hours and you'll have me.

That's my view on it. I wouldn't say movies are declining, there are still a lot of great movies that come out, it's just covered by the mainstream superhero movies.

I think the problem is superhero/comicbook movies. I think it's causing people some fatigue with the genre. Not only do we have a slew of movies in the Marvel Cinematic universe, we're now getting tv shows that also connect to the same universe. It's tiring to have to watch a slew of shows to keep up with the ever expanding story of their universe. It's the same with the Star Wars franchise now. They have like 3 or 4 show that are apart of their universe. And I think all these superhero movies coming out almost every month now, it hurts other films, like comedies for example. I saw a video the other day about how there hasn't been as many comedic movies released theatrically, everyone is making a superhero movie now.
I agree with this. The Marvel movies were standouts when they first came out - back in 2012 the first Avengers movie felt like a new thing, a breath of fresh air. Back then blockbusters were renowned for being trashy and using inappropriate content to cover a lack of storytelling prowess. Instead of boring inappropriate jokes for two hours, here was a real story with real style. The franchise appeals to the Millennials who grew up on Harry Potter and Lord of the Rings, Bionicle and Garth Nix, Margaret Peterson Haddix and Transformers.

But now even beautiful storytelling, fantasy worlds, and power characters are getting old. It's the same old double naught fantasy formula, and even that is running out of variations. So many authors and franchises have jumped on this and milked it to death.

Personally, I've stopped watching every Marvel movie and show and only watch the things that I want to watch. I find that this helps with franchise fatigue.

Still, I'm not sure going back and watching older movies is really the answer. Is Gladiator better than Thor: Ragnorak? Is American Psycho better than the Avengers? I think going back to the Avengers might have some merit, maybe back to the National Treasure series and the Incredibles. But I'm not sure I can call a win for older films against Marvel without watching and studying older films in more detail and comparing them with Marvel films..

I am deeply fascinated by old movies, they have great stories and good presentations. However, I also think the modern movies are good as well. The problem I find with modern movies is how much importance they are giving to CGI and not giving a damn on the story, characterization and presentations. Most money making movies are nothing but VFX.

Newest Directory Listings

• Featured
Vicky1225
Forums
Clicks
Views
Expand your business scale with over 200 million clean IP addresses, stellar features, and affordable prices provided by 922S5Proxy.
Shortie
Forums
Clicks
Views
Comments
WWE Hub is a discussion forum for all things wrestling! Share and chat with other wrestling fans throughout the world!
momode
Forums
Clicks
Views
ABCProxy is cost-effective, ethical residential proxies network!