What's new

Do you shut your PC down when done? Or put it to sleep?

Grant

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor
5000+ Posts Club
Oct 27, 2020
USD
$134.3000USD
Biznotes
When you are done using your PC for the time being, do you usually shut your PC down completely? Or do you just put it to sleep when not in use? I usually do the latter, as I don't like turning my PC on and off. I like to just move my mouse and it start back up. But I hear it's best to turn a PC down when not in use. Is this true?

When you are done using your PC for the time being, do you usually shut your PC down completely? Or do you just put it to sleep when not in use? I usually do the latter, as I don't like turning my PC on and off. I like to just move my mouse and it start back up. But I hear it's best to turn a PC down when not in use. Is this true?
I have heard both ways. That it's best to shut it down & then that it's best to let it go into sleep mode.
I personally prefer to leave my computer on & it goes into power save mode within about 20-30 minutes. I have turned it off to do the Updates. I'm on often throughout the day & there are times I wake up & since I like to write, I just move my mouse & type some stuff into a Word Document.

Generally speaking, I put my PC to sleep instead of shutting it down. However, I also shut down my PC once in a while. In my experience, if you are putting your PC to sleep instead of shutting down for a long time, it will start becoming slow. Therefore, you need to shut down once in a while and let the PC run updates after you boot.

I'm someone who always shuts down his pc once done with it for the day. I never use the sleep mode.

I usually shut down the PC during the night as your PC still uses a small amount of electricity during sleep mode and I use sleep mode when I am taking breaks for short periods of time. There is also a hibernation mode where the PC stores its state on a hard drive or SSD. If you have a hard drive then your PC will boot slower from hibernation, if you have an SSD it will boot faster and use less power than sleep mode. However, hibernation mode will decrease your lifespan of HDD or SSD.

Newest Directory Listings

Shortie
Forums
Clicks
Views
Comments
WWE Hub is a discussion forum for all things wrestling! Share and chat with other wrestling fans throughout the world!
momode
Forums
Clicks
Views
ABCProxy is cost-effective, ethical residential proxies network!
coderway
Forums
Clicks
Views
AI digital artwork generator
Back