What's new

Do you prefer hiring volunteers as your staff or paid staff?

Heatman

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor
40,000 Post Club
Apr 14, 2018
USD
$4.2900USD
Biznotes
When it comes to how or the kind of staff members that you like to have working on your forum, do you usually go for volunteers that come up to aid in the running of the community or do you usually go for experts that are put on payroll to do the job?

I feel that hired and paid experts are best suited for the job.

Which one seems to work out well for you?

hiring a paid expert would do your business a lot of good rather than settling for a cheaper alternative, except you do not have the money to pay for expert help, then it is understandable.

When your moderators are volunteers, they won't be able to run the moderation job efficiently. And a moderator job is too tasking for someone to do as a volunteer. I won't do it for volunteering.

I do not want to hire volunteers. Since I don't work for free, I don't also expect people to work for free. I would always prefer to pay to the people who work for me, even if the payment is not great

I think that even volunteers should also be paid in case if they are folks who are putting a lots of efforts. Having said that, i have never heard of volunteers working for online forums ever.

It is always good to use the best hands and best brains to execute any job. People work better when they are motivated and paid. So I prefer paid staffs that will give their best for the job..

I do not want to hire volunteers. Since I don't work for free, I don't also expect people to work for free. I would always prefer to pay to the people who work for me, even if the payment is not great

I have discovered that people tend to work very well when they are paid for their job. It is only few people who are not serious in life and in what they are doing that usually messes up their work after they have been paid to carry out a specific task for the client who hired them to do a job for them.

I have discovered that people tend to work very well when they are paid for their job. It is only few people who are not serious in life and in what they are doing that usually messes up their work after they have been paid to carry out a specific task for the client who hired them to do a job for them.

Well, they may not be serious enough due to many reasons. Perhaps they are not that much passionate at all and they are opting for a job just because they might need that job. I have worked in a company because I needed money. However, in reality I hated that company and job.

Well, they may not be serious enough due to many reasons. Perhaps they are not that much passionate at all and they are opting for a job just because they might need that job. I have worked in a company because I needed money. However, in reality I hated that company and job.

I'm actually talking about getting staffs to work on your forum and not offline jobs. If you are not ready to be seriously committed in any job that you are doing, then I believe that you shouldn't be open to accepting payment for that kind of job. This is because once you have agreed and accepted payment, you should be committed and dedicated in carrying out the job.

It's fine to have volunteers, but eventually you should work them into jobs if possible. Volunteers also shouldn't be used for major work. If they are doing important work that requires a lot of their time, it's suggested you hire that person to an actual job.

Yeah, efficiency increases when you pay or when you are paid. Let's say you are hired to a similar kind of jobs but one pays $5 and another pays $10, which job are you interested in doing better, the answer is obvious. That's why I don't ask people to work for free.

Of course people pay more attention to their jobs when they are paid to do so. So I would go and hire people to do my job if they are so sensitive to toy with. I would not even want to work for free for anyone as it a waste of my time...

If I can't hire staffs whom I would be able to pay, it's volunteers option I would left with. There are volunteers who can be committed to their work but most of them are not very committed. You need more paid staff than free volunteers if you need your business to thrive.

If I can't hire staffs whom I would be able to pay, it's volunteers option I would left with. There are volunteers who can be committed to their work but most of them are not very committed. You need more paid staff than free volunteers if you need your business to thrive.

The main problem with hiring volunteers is the fact that many people would not be willing to volunteer. This is because there are many people who would be reluctant to do so without gaining any kind of benefit. This is a very common problem associated with offering volunteering.

In my opinion, I prefer to pay the staff, since this is a motivation to do a good job, I am not saying in any case that the volunteers are not going to do it because surely many are passionate about the work they do, but I think that everyone performs better at work when they are paid some money.

The main problem with hiring volunteers is the fact that many people would not be willing to volunteer. This is because there are many people who would be reluctant to do so without gaining any kind of benefit. This is a very common problem associated with offering volunteering.
It's not even only that but some of them who volunteers wouldn't be taking the job seriously because of the obvious reasons of not being paid. This is the reason why I prefer having them on payroll in order to keep them motivated to work hard.

Newest Directory Listings

Vicky1225
Forums
Clicks
Views
Expand your business scale with over 200 million clean IP addresses, stellar features, and affordable prices provided by 922S5Proxy.
Shortie
Forums
Clicks
Views
Comments
WWE Hub is a discussion forum for all things wrestling! Share and chat with other wrestling fans throughout the world!
momode
Forums
Clicks
Views
ABCProxy is cost-effective, ethical residential proxies network!
Back