What's new

Do you grow your own fruits & vegetables?

Smokey

Revillution.net Owner.
100 Posts Club
Sep 27, 2019
USD
$0.0000USD
Biznotes
Do you have your own garden? Do you grow your own fruits and vegetables? I don't, I tend to buy them at my local supermarket's produce section, but I do know someone who does grow their own vegetables and sometimes will give us fresh tomatoes which is nice but it's a rare occurrence, so we tend to just buy our own produce.

I have a really nice size garden, but I only use about a third of it. I think the total space is 20 feet by 24 feet. So, it's really big but that means it's too much for me to care for it since I hate gardening. Here's what I do: I put down landscaping fabric in late spring and then use Miracle Gro in the spots I want to plant my seeds, cutting a circle in the fabric for the seeds to take root into the ground. This way I don't have to weed to often and I get beautiful plants that are almost ready to give off veggies in a month and a half.

I have tried but I have been successful growing tomatoes. The tomatoes are very small in size but we feel happy as it is home grown, mostly pot grown.

Do you have your own garden? Do you grow your own fruits and vegetables? I don't, I tend to buy them at my local supermarket's produce section, but I do know someone who does grow their own vegetables and sometimes will give us fresh tomatoes which is nice but it's a rare occurrence, so we tend to just buy our own produce.

Growing up on a farm provided me with valuable skills necessary to cultivate my own vegetables. It’s quite remarkable that I can’t even recall the last time I purchased vegetables from a supermarket. Instead, everything I need is homegrown, flourishing right in the backyard of my garden.

Having the ability to grow my own vegetables grants me a profound sense of self-sufficiency and a deeper connection to the food I consume. Witnessing the entire process, from planting the seeds to nurturing the plants as they flourish, fills me with a great sense of satisfaction and pride. Moreover, the taste and freshness of homegrown vegetables surpass anything I could find in a supermarket.

It takes a very great deal of energy and dedication to grow your fruit and vegetables. A lot of the people that do these usually do it in large numbers and that is why I see no reason to do it because I can get it for cheap.

When I was living in a rural area and a small town, I grew my vegetables. My produce was not enough for me to meet my vegetable needs but I was able to cut my vegetable bills by 50 percent. Now, I am living in a city. I have containers and grow bags for growing vegetables. However, I am yet to start growing vegetables. I find container gardening fun but it is also very costly affarid.

Very true but watching my plants grow and bear fruit gives me immense joy and a sense of pride too.

I do not, but to be fair I don't really live in an area where I can sustain the growth of fruits and veggies. I suppose I could grow it all inside, but I don't know if I could be bothered with that haha. I'll just buy my fruits and veggies from the store.

Yes, cultivating fruits and vegetables may be profitable and environmentally friendly. Your carbon impact is smaller, you can eat fresh, organic vegetables, and you feel more connected to nature. Additionally, gardening can encourage independence and be a pleasant hobby.
I grown my own fruits and vegetables when I noticed is good for body metabolism .

I never got into that, but my dad had a hobby garden he took very seriously and he grew all sorts of vegetables. Anyhow, I remember picking potatoes but generally he didn't need help with it.

Yes, we do grow our own fruits and vegetables at my grandparents' house. It's a wonderful way to have fresh, organic produce right at our fingertips. Gardening there has been a family tradition for generations.

Nope, many many years ago we sued too ;) We even had a lemon tree ;) even that was easy to maintain at the time. But all we do know is we buy rather than grow. Less work but then buying it it's not cheap. Might end up growing things again in the future.

I do! I grow them for fun, not to eat. I guess I would feel weird.
I've grown peas, pumpkins, red hot chili peppas 🌶️ and right now I have some fresh basil seedlings growing strong. They are just too cute. I was planning on letting my cats chew on the basil, but then decided no. So instead I planted a bunch of bird seed and got some great weeds and grass out of that for them to chew on and they love it.

I have a garden for tomatoes and pepper 🌶. I have not been buying these two for long now as I can always get as much as I want from the garden. Having a little garden at home where you plant some of these vegetables and fruits is very important, too.

The only thing that I grow now in my yard are few vegetables. They are not enough but sometimes something is better than nothing. I will definitely see how possible it's going to be for me to grow more vegetables. Unfortunately, I can't grow any fruits now. I make use of the farmers market to get everything I need.

Newest Directory Listings

smmgoal
Forums
Clicks
Views
Esimbuy.org is an innovative online platform that specializes in e-SIM products and services. As e-SIM technology continues to gain popularity for its flexibility and convenience, Esimbuy.org provides users with easy access to this modern solution
Nebulous
Forums
Clicks
Views
Off Topix is the best general discussion community around!
Back