What's new

Democrats warn about carbon emissions concerns with mining - Thoughts?

glitch

beep boop
1000 Posts Club
Mar 16, 2022
USD
$0.0000USD
Biznotes
I have heard about mining being heavy on the environment but I am not buying this.

I think they are just trying to find a way to control crypto and they are using the same old "climate change" fearmongering to do it. They are saying they are worried about this while mining for ion and lithium for electric cars and solar panels is FAR more damaging and yet they are trying to push both,

Congressional Democrats probing the crypto mining industry's carbon footprint have found what's been clear for awhile: The industry is a massive energy hog that threatens U.S. climate goals. Now, those Democrats are asking the Environmental Protection Agency and Department of Energy to do something about it.

Six Democrats from both the House and Senate asked seven major crypto mining companies for details about their energy use. The results showed that just six of those companies are together responsible for consuming a Houston-sized chunk of electricity. All told, the operations require 1,045 megawatts of power to stay up and running. (The only company not to respond with its energy use totals was Bitfury.)
Source

I think technology developers need to think of how to mine crypto with affecting environment because if those companies continue to mine and affect the power it would affect all of us. I believe it's a thing that can be solved rather than shutting down crypto mining companies or polluting environment.

I think technology developers need to think of how to mine crypto with affecting environment because if those companies continue to mine and affect the power it would affect all of us. I believe it's a thing that can be solved rather than shutting down crypto mining companies or polluting environment.
Environmental concerns are being used against people to manipulate them. I feel they are doing it with crypto as well because they don't want people outside of the banks to have power with money. While there are concerns here, I believe they are greatly blowing them out of proportion for their own agenda.

I also feel like the democrats want to control the activities of crypto currencies and that's why they are warning about the carbon emissions from mining of crypto.

The whole mining process seems complicated to me. I thought there are special electronic mining tools that are specially designed for the mining purpose. why can't they use an electronic device rather than using anything that might be harmful to the environment ?

MIning consumes a lot of energy. However, I do not think this is a big issue, why can't they make laws where the mining farms should be using renewable energy like solar energy? This is not impossible ti implement.

They consider that cryptocurrency makes people to take out money from economy to invest. That is the reason so many countries consider cryptocurrency as a factor that leads to the destruction of many country's economy because of the fact that money will be removed from the financial system and invest in cryptocurrency which is a digital asset that can't easily be seen or used for something positive.

We can't really say the reason why they have to create this rules.

I heard that mining cryptocurrencies is actually involved with release of tremendous amount of heat and other substances that's infact unfit for living. I think these operations if necessary at all should be conducted in a controlled space.

Newest Directory Listings

Vicky1225
Forums
Clicks
Views
Expand your business scale with over 200 million clean IP addresses, stellar features, and affordable prices provided by 922S5Proxy.
Shortie
Forums
Clicks
Views
Comments
WWE Hub is a discussion forum for all things wrestling! Share and chat with other wrestling fans throughout the world!
momode
Forums
Clicks
Views
ABCProxy is cost-effective, ethical residential proxies network!
Back