Grant

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor
5000+ Posts Club
Oct 27, 2020
USD
$134.3000USD
Biznotes
Is it possible to mind bitcoin and other cryptocurrency by using a few old PCs? I have a couple PCs that I'm not using, and I figure I could make them into miners so I can mine some crypto, but would it work with older PCs? Both of the PC I have don't have the best specs, like 4gb ram, no graphics card, or anything. I assume they won't do much unless they each had a decent graphics card and maybe upgraded ram?

Is it possible to mind bitcoin and other cryptocurrency by using a few old PCs? I have a couple PCs that I'm not using, and I figure I could make them into miners so I can mine some crypto, but would it work with older PCs? Both of the PC I have don't have the best specs, like 4gb ram, no graphics card, or anything. I assume they won't do much unless they each had a decent graphics card and maybe upgraded ram?
The money you earn will be well below your electricity bill.

The money you earn will be well below your electricity bill.
Except if the mining site is offering alternative earning gigs like trading on stormgain. This is the only exception or even perform offers to earn hash rate or something like that.

While mining Bitcoin now requires large warehouses of powerful mining machines, you can still use the processing power of your personal computer's CPU or GPU to generate smaller cryptos like Shiba Inu.

If I was the one to make this decision I rather sell those laptops and have the money rather than destroying the laptop in the cause of trying to mine cryptocurrency. I have read so many content on the internet that strictly indicates that mining with PC is detrimental to the system.

Utilizing older computers for mining is a non starter because its specifications will not be enough to mine coins at a high capacity which generates a lot of heat, potentially spoiling the computer

You are going to probably find a hard time if you are using an old PC in order to mine cryptocurrency. It is better for you to purchase one that has a lot of capabilities and good processing power if you want to get the best out of it.

If you are going to use old PC for mining, you need to check he capacity of the device then you will be able to judge the period to use in mining one Bitcoin but going to marketplace and get good quality for mine Bitcoin or other crypto is good.

Except if the mining site is offering alternative earning gigs like trading on stormgain. This is the only exception or even perform offers to earn hash rate or something like that.

Old computers are no longer a great option when it comes to mining coins and this is the main reason why I believe that mining on older computer may be a waste of time.

It's possible to mine bitcoin and other coins with old laptop. Once the software you needed for the mining run on your computer, then you can rest assured that you're good to go. So, I will advice you to install those software first and see if it run on your laptop.

Sure, you can use older computers to mine cryptocurrencies, but it is not advised because newer computers are generally more efficient and produce bigger returns. Older computers typically have less computational resources and much less energy efficiency, thus the rewards from mining on them might not be worthwhile in terms of time and money spent.

You should not waste your strength in trying to use your old PC for mining as I believe it would not work as mining requires high grade computer system and not outdated version.

There is no option for mining cryptocurrencies. You need high end equipments to be able to successfully mine cryptocurrency. Even some modern high end equipments still struggle to mine cryptocurrency.

Mining needs a high GPU and powerful computers and power to run it, and yeah like every new crypto user when i hear mining for first time i have tried mining by my self with why my pc but after some study's and research's i start to relies that crypto mining needs high end gpu electric supply and cooling system in order to run mining.

Mining needs a high GPU and powerful computers and power to run it, and yeah like every new crypto user when i hear mining for first time i have tried mining by my self with why my pc but after some study's and research's i start to relies that crypto mining needs high end gpu electric supply and cooling system in order to run mining.
The perspective if GPU of old PC is damaged at least it is old and then not a lot of damage not like buying the new one then it will cost in resource of money, I have PC working from 2012 like for example it has a lot of issues but even GPU damaged due to mining doesn't like buy a new one in 2023.

The perspective if GPU of old PC is damaged at least it is old and then not a lot of damage not like buying the new one then it will cost in resource of money, I have PC working from 2012 like for example it has a lot of issues but even GPU damaged due to mining doesn't like buy a new one in 2023.
By the way we can start mining with our little setup, but its hard to get a profit, in order to get a profit our mining far needs to proses a lot harder than our ordinary pc, and i remember when i try mining my pc get heated and get a loud fan noise.

Newest Directory Listings

momode
Forums
Clicks
Views
ABCProxy is cost-effective, ethical residential proxies network!
coderway
Forums
Clicks
Views
AI digital artwork generator
ExplorerEvan
Forums
5.00 star(s) 1 ratings
Clicks
Views
Comments
Reviews
ForumExplorers.com is a free discussion board with topics and conversations for everyone. Camp, chill, and cook s'mores with forum friends. We would love to see you!
Back