Could I utilize older PC's for mining?

Grant

Seasoned Veteran
Verified Poster
Is it possible to mind bitcoin and other cryptocurrency by using a few old PCs? I have a couple PCs that I'm not using, and I figure I could make them into miners so I can mine some crypto, but would it work with older PCs? Both of the PC I have don't have the best specs, like 4gb ram, no graphics card, or anything. I assume they won't do much unless they each had a decent graphics card and maybe upgraded ram?

hero34

Is it possible to mind bitcoin and other cryptocurrency by using a few old PCs? I have a couple PCs that I'm not using, and I figure I could make them into miners so I can mine some crypto, but would it work with older PCs? Both of the PC I have don't have the best specs, like 4gb ram, no graphics card, or anything. I assume they won't do much unless they each had a decent graphics card and maybe upgraded ram?
The money you earn will be well below your electricity bill.

Prince

Reputable
Verified Poster
While mining Bitcoin now requires large warehouses of powerful mining machines, you can still use the processing power of your personal computer's CPU or GPU to generate smaller cryptos like Shiba Inu.