Converting/Migrations

Ash

Addicted Member
1000 Posts Club
May 19, 2015
USD
$3.0000USD
Biznotes
Sometimes you may realise that the software you chose for your online project isn't the best and want to move over to another software. With so many options out there now, we have the freedom to convert or migrate to different software easily. Have you ever moved to a different software? Was the process easy or did you encounter some issues?

We haven't converted our software for Christianity Haven although it's been discussed between the owner and myself. We just don't see a need for it at the time. What are some good reasons to convert?

We haven't converted our software for Christianity Haven although it's been discussed between the owner and myself. We just don't see a need for it at the time. What are some good reasons to convert?

Some people might find a software bad - or one that is too hard to deal with. I mean, I like MyBB, for instance, but I don't have the tech skills to make it work - as I'd like it.

I have not actually experience this but I think you need to check the features of the software you want to buy before you pay for it

I have been thinking a lot about moving from MyBB to Xenforo.

Despite the coverage there are still a few bugs in MyBB plugins. Most of the time, tags wouldn't work properly and the same goes to Alerts as well. Also, the default MyBB theme is not responsive.
Xenforo on the other hand is responsive and everything works. As this requires a downtime, I haven't been able to do it so far.

I feel it's good but I haven't tried it.If you go through the right channel you will have no problem
But there is nothing bad in trying

I have not converted or migrated to another software. However, this is something I am willing to try for my forums. I am using open source forum software and I would like to switch to premium software, therefore, I want to know how this is done, and whether there are any costs involved or not.

Newest Directory Listings

Shortie
Forums
Clicks
Views
WWE Hub is a discussion forum for all things wrestling! Share and chat with other wrestling fans throughout the world!
momode
Forums
Clicks
Views
ABCProxy is cost-effective, ethical residential proxies network!
coderway
Forums
Clicks
Views
AI digital artwork generator
Back