Can you trademark your name?

glitch

beep boop
1000 Posts Club
Mar 16, 2022
USD
$0.0000USD
Biznotes
Someone I spoke with said that he did this because he intends on opening a business under his name and wants to ensure no one else can do this and confuse his customers. He didn't explain the process or anything and seemed to know very little about trademarking so I have to wonder if he was lying. Can you actually trademark your own first and last name?

I will have to go through this process of trademarking my name. I have not even done this for my business name, and that kind of makes me feel worried sometimes. I will definitely contact my lawyer friend on how I am going to go about this process as soon as possible.

I do not think you can trademark your name. Unless you have a unique name like Elon Musk kid, you will be sharing your name with a lot of people and how can it be trademarked? However, you can of course trade mark your name if it is your business or company name.

I believe you can trademark your name if there is popularity behind it, or if it happens to be a unique name. You can also trademark your username/nickname I hear. A friend of mine purchased domains with his username, and was asked to sell for like $4000+, he declined to sell haha.

Newest Directory Listings

Vicky1225
Forums
Clicks
Views
Expand your business scale with over 200 million clean IP addresses, stellar features, and affordable prices provided by 922S5Proxy.
Shortie
Forums
Clicks
Views
Comments
WWE Hub is a discussion forum for all things wrestling! Share and chat with other wrestling fans throughout the world!
momode
Forums
Clicks
Views
ABCProxy is cost-effective, ethical residential proxies network!
Back