Are your kids your property?

Nomad

Staff member
40,000 Post Club
Jan 5, 2021
USD
$0.0000USD
Biznotes
In many cultures, kids are fully controlled by parents from career choices to getting married, parents make their choices. Since the parents make the decision for the kids, they also help their kids financially form funding education to even investing money for wedding parties. Do you think parents own kids?

Children are not property, instead individuals with their right to grow and make decisions as at when necessary. As children mature, the decision-making balance should shift towards them, fostering independence.

Children are not property, instead individuals with their right to grow and make decisions as at when necessary. As children mature, the decision-making balance should shift towards them, fostering independence.
In that case how do you think should you be providing for kids. Would you be funding their University education, would you fund personal purchase like a house and car?

In that case how do you think should you be providing for kids. Would you be funding their University education, would you fund personal purchase like a house and car?
Funding their University is very okay if they are not capable of that. Funding personal purchases depends in some consideration such as if it is need or want.

Funding their University is very okay if they are not capable of that. Funding personal purchases depends in some consideration such as if it is need or want.
If you are funding their university education or funding their purchases, for instance helping them to buy a car, or buy a house, don't you think you should also have some control over your kids. I am raising this issue because in our culture parents have control over their kids, even the adult kids.

I am raising this issue because in our culture parents have control over their kids, even the adult kids.
True indeed, I myself believe parents should have impact and control over decisions their kids make. You know sometimes they might do things of which is meant for immediate benefits rather than sighting beyond the box. No matter how grown up a child is, he or she should still adhere to wise counsel unless it is of bad intents.

As for property control, parents certainly make rules to safeguard their children. It is true that a father disciplines a child he loves. I still recall back then when my parents gave strict rules over what I bought with my own money, so funny. However it was for my own good.

Last edited:
That's a tricky one. In my opinion, parents definitely have a big influence on their kids' lives, especially when it comes to things like career paths and marriage. But owning them? Nah, I don't think so. It's more about guidance and support rather than ownership.

In my country, legally, after the birth certificate, they do not belong to you but to the State, and I think that in most countries today it is similar, so I do not think they are actually your property.

Newest Directory Listings

AjayJunkies
Forums
Clicks
Views
Admin-Junkies.com is a free Admin, SEO, & Webmaster Community!
Here are some video (guidelines) on how to make money online without investing a dime
Back