What's new

Are your beliefs and convictions based on research & facts, or are you molded by friends, TV, or trends?

Dismal_Bliss

Familiar Face
Nov 23, 2023
USD
$0.0000USD
Biznotes
In speaking with people, I have noticed that many people believe what they do without much of a solid basis. And this covers a wide variety of topics too. Take any topic, and ask "Why do you believe in or take this position on this topic? Have you always felt this way? What changed your mind? Can you support your position with references?"

Sure, this depends on the topic and depends on the person. But a surprising number of people simply just accept what their friends believe, what their parents passed down, or what they heard on TV or read on social media, and are unable to back it up or defend it when challenged.

Us forum-junkies tend to have a thirst for knowledge, but do you too see a lot of people like this, going with the flow and believing things without a firm foundation?

I think it's a little to do with family and friends views, but I also try to go on facts and truth. I think most people fall in line with what their friends believe for the most part, if their views don't align, they might not hang out as much. Or they might be good friends who have differences in opinion, but can still get over those differences.

Some people stick with their families beliefs even if they don't believe in them, because they may fear retaliation for not believing.

I think it depends on a lot of things. I think for me, it's what I'v learned throughout my life. From friends and family. I am not religious and never really was, but I have a lot of family who is and I will say I am when in the presence of some of my family. I would never tell my grandma for example, that I'm not religious, because I think it would hurt her.

I don't know what else to say about it, so I'll stop there.

My beliefs are usually factual and are based on reaserchers yet I do have a few unbased opinions.
For example I believe that genetics effect the character of a person more than education yet it's not an easy thing to prove.
But I do believe in factual things which are based as of how to exercise properly and which exercises are effective, healthy food and what foods ard recommended to eat, proven differences between men and women and more.
I believe that as human beings we are supposed to stick to the facts/reality yet we must not forget about kindness.

I would never want to start an argument just because it might be my own opinion on a situation that might be totally wrong. I at least have it supported by facts and evidence, and then it's more interesting for me to argue or just tell someone something when I know it's 100 percent true

Newest Directory Listings

Shortie
Forums
Clicks
Views
WWE Hub is a discussion forum for all things wrestling! Share and chat with other wrestling fans throughout the world!
momode
Forums
Clicks
Views
ABCProxy is cost-effective, ethical residential proxies network!
coderway
Forums
Clicks
Views
AI digital artwork generator
Back