What's new

A little note for an issue when editing MyBB templates and themes...

_B_

Resident Member
500 Posts Club
May 18, 2020
USD
$0.0000USD
Biznotes
This is a potential issue some may face when editing and saving their MyBB themes and templates
So, when using one of the tutorials and editing the css and templates, you may notice that after you save and refresh the page, your changes do not come up. This can be fixed easily by a hard refresh of the page you performed the edit on (CTRL+F5).development mode

Does that really help? This is the first time I hear about a hard refresh and it seems really interesting. I might try it even tho I hate mybb for most of the time xD

Thank you for sharing this. To be honest I was not aware that there is a difference between a regular and a hard refresh and i did not even know that this as a feature. This can be helpful information.

This strategy is good but it seems interesting to save the work from time to time to avoid any bad experience about a refresh or something that is similar.

It is common problem in MyBB forum and recent updates somehow fix many issues but still you can see mention problem and it is not always good to do hard refresh but yes doing in developer mode is always good option.

It is common problem in MyBB forum and recent updates somehow fix many issues but still you can see mention problem and it is not always good to do hard refresh but yes doing in developer mode is always good option.
Doing a hard refresh can be very difficult and it can be especially challenging if you do not have the technical expertise in order to do so however if it is something that you are experienced in it is generally considered to be quite easy.

Yes that's correct but now a days they have good support documents available and you can follow some video tutorial which helps to perform the hard refresh but it always good to have backup before doing such a things.

Yes that's correct but now a days they have good support documents available and you can follow some video tutorial which helps to perform the hard refresh but it always good to have backup before doing such a things.
There is a lot of video tutorials that are out there that can guide you step by step on how to be able to make any changes to any website development that you may have and it is a great way to learn as well.

Yes that's big advantage at the moment and you can find solution for any problems as developer keep putting videos so they share their knowledge and make decent money too.

Hard refresh provides the most recent version of the page. Sometimes, old version or old data would be caught up in the cache and the browser would generate output based on the cached output. Whenever we make changes to the webpage, to get the recent output it's always essential to do a hard reset to clear all those residual data. You can also try ctrl+Shift+R in Chrome and Firefox. To do a hard reset.

Yes that's big advantage at the moment and you can find solution for any problems as developer keep putting videos so they share their knowledge and make decent money too.
There is a lot of people that are out there that are willing to make videos in order to help people however even with their code you have to check and make sure that it is not malicious in any way.

I am not a developer and I do not have any coding skills, therefore, I do not attempt to edit MyBB template. However, sometimes when I have to input codes inside the templates, I do it myself as I have the basic skills to do it. Don't attempt to edit before backing up your site.

Newest Directory Listings

Shortie
Forums
Clicks
Views
Comments
WWE Hub is a discussion forum for all things wrestling! Share and chat with other wrestling fans throughout the world!
momode
Forums
Clicks
Views
ABCProxy is cost-effective, ethical residential proxies network!
coderway
Forums
Clicks
Views
AI digital artwork generator
Back