Linux Dedicated Server

Sobi

Addicted Member
1000 Posts Club
Mar 20, 2011
USD
$0.0000USD
Biznotes
If you are planning to start an e commerce business and want to stay in the business for long then you will require a stable server for managing and running your site. I can tell you from my experience that you cannot go wrong with a Linux dedicated server. Linux is no longer the geek friendly OS devoid of a nice GUI! A lot of people choose the Apache server. What you get from this platform is flexibility and enhanced security.

But for a person starting off its better to recommend managed webhosting that provide a control panel such as cPanel. If you buy managed hosting your host deals with most of the technical side of your server and you can still tinker around with your server, and they are still there if you get stuck. It's also very important to make sure your server is secure if your running an ecommerce site that is why its important to make sure your server is running the latest os with updates and running a good firewall like CSF, its possible to buy one time services which harden your security on your server. You end up paying more but its better for you in the long run.

Linux servers are hard to configure. You better get a technician. If it is unmanaged server I'm pretty sure I'll mess things up. :p

Oh, as i noticed this thread, let me tell everyone of an alternative web server, Saetta Web Server. It's a commercial web server, like Litespeed (just to name a competitor).
Litespeed follows the path of Apache, so it shares the same advantages and disadvantages of Apache. Apache is a very good web server. However, it has its age and its outdated model. If you use it in a dedicated server it's going to waste a lot of resources. The fork per request model is useful for shared hosting providers and to have a very stable and configurable software, but it requires a lot of memory and is also expensive in CPU power. Apache doesn't really aims to performances. The advantage of Apache is in its spread. The amount of plugins (modules), options, examples, testings for its stability, system administrators and users are unique.
For example .htaccess files are a reason for the success of Apache, but also another reason for its low performances (scan+parsing configuration model). There are many better webserver than Apache, even free. Like Nginx or lighttpd.
Also, as any programmer :p i'm against GUI interfaces for apache et all. They are often outdated and mess up all the manual edits in configuration files.
Reading the documentation of the used web server is the first step towards a successful configuration.

One of the better things that you need to know about is that of course, trustworthy and safety are really well documented when talking about Linux servers, and this is really one of the more important things you need to talk about when concerning finding out as much as you can on the benefits of the Linux server.

I am expert in windows but sometimes Its really difficult to fix small issues ;/ so I think both(Linux/Windows) is difficult until you learn it.

Newest Directory Listings

Vicky1225
Forums
Clicks
Views
Expand your business scale with over 200 million clean IP addresses, stellar features, and affordable prices provided by 922S5Proxy.
Shortie
Forums
Clicks
Views
Comments
WWE Hub is a discussion forum for all things wrestling! Share and chat with other wrestling fans throughout the world!
momode
Forums
Clicks
Views
ABCProxy is cost-effective, ethical residential proxies network!
Back