What's new

Will crypto be taken over by governments one day?

Grant

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor
5000+ Posts Club
Oct 27, 2020
USD
$134.3000USD
Biznotes
One thing I worry about crypto is if they will be taken over one day by governments around the world. I know the US has already set rules in motion, that if you earn money from crypto, you will have to pay taxes on what you made, just like if you made money through any other means.

With that being said, with the rules crypto already has in the states, do you think we'll get more rules and control by the US government? What about other countries?

UNless the governments completely ban crypto, there is nothing governments can do about crypto because it is internet based currency and there is no way the governments can control the internet.

One thing I worry about crypto is if they will be taken over one day by governments around the world. I know the US has already set rules in motion, that if you earn money from crypto, you will have to pay taxes on what you made, just like if you made money through any other means.

With that being said, with the rules crypto already has in the states, do you think we'll get more rules and control by the US government? What about other countries?
Governments are expected to continue to be interested in cryptocurrencies and will seek to regulate the sector to some extent. This might entail the government creating its very own digital money, establishing legislation to safeguard investors and users, or creating structures to assure adherence to existing rules.

I really fear that governments will take over cryptocurrencies. When that happens, they will corrupt it so much just like they do with everything. They have been so great being decentralized, but there is a high chance that they will soon be taken over.

The interest shown by governments in cryptocurrencies and the underlying blockchain technology seems to be growing. While some governments have indicated a desire to develop their own central bank digital currencies (CBDCs) and regulate cryptocurrencies, other governments have moved to outlaw or impose usage restrictions. Cryptocurrencies' future and whether they will be seized by governments are difficult to foresee, but it appears that in the years to come, they will remain a hotly contested issue.

Government might try to take over but it might be pretty difficult for them, so far the highest the government have been able to do to control crypto currency is by placing bans and restrictions on crypto currency.

No, I don't think Cryptocurrency would be taken over by Government in the future. But I know there will be more Government policies in place in respect to Cryptocurrency, This would affect Cryptocurrency positively or negatively.

I believe the most they can do is to place bans and restrictions on it, but they cannot takeover. It is completely impossible for anyone to even attempt that and succeed.

This is likely to happen. It may take time but it will happen. I believe that if the government should accept the usage of cryptocurrency, they will want to own it.

I believe that one day they will achieve it, they always do, and they will do it with the same method that they always do, which is regulating it more and more until they take over the rules of the game and therefore the market.

The government is pretty interested in crypto currencies. However, I don't think they can take it over because they can't control the internet. It would be possible if they banned cryptocurrencies, which is very unlikely to happen.

It might take a while, but it's possible we would get more rules on crypto currencies and control by the US government. The government seem to be interested in cryptocurrencies.

Governments may exert more influence over cryptocurrencies in the future through regulations, it is unlikely that they will completely take over the crypto space due to its decentralized nature and the global reach of cryptocurrencies.

Everything that the government of most countries doing today is for them to actually find a way to control cryptocurrency but they are finding it very difficult to do which is why they are trying to prevent or limit its legitimacy from being used in their country.

Newest Directory Listings

Shortie
Forums
Clicks
Views
WWE Hub is a discussion forum for all things wrestling! Share and chat with other wrestling fans throughout the world!
momode
Forums
Clicks
Views
ABCProxy is cost-effective, ethical residential proxies network!
coderway
Forums
Clicks
Views
AI digital artwork generator
Back