What's new

Why miners go for AMD GPU's more than Nvidia ones?

Patrik

Verified Noob :)
5000+ Posts Club
Apr 19, 2020
USD
$0.0000USD
Biznotes
If you are someone who's into purchasing used graphic cards, you'll be mostly warned to avoid some specific GPU's, as they could be used for mining previously, most of those gpu's are specifically from AMD (There are some GPU's from Nvidia that were used a lot for mining, but they are few compared to the ones in AMD, such as 1070, 1060 6GB, and some 1080 & 1080Ti's), what do you think could be the reason ? is it because AMD GPU's are cheaper ? (atleast for now)

AMD video card has strong RAM and also AMD video card consumes very little power. In my opinion everything depends on the algorithm. If you want to start ZCASH mining in this case the best choice is Nvidia but if you want to start ETH mining the best choice is AMD video card.

If you are someone who's into purchasing used graphic cards, you'll be mostly warned to avoid some specific GPU's, as they could be used for mining previously, most of those gpu's are specifically from AMD (There are some GPU's from Nvidia that were used a lot for mining, but they are few compared to the ones in AMD, such as 1070, 1060 6GB, and some 1080 & 1080Ti's), what do you think could be the reason ?

AMD drivers have been absolute garbage since mid 2019, first they broke OCing, and now they've broken full system stability altogether. ... I still need to DDU and reinstall WQHL drivers from last year, the latest I can find that are actually stable.

Amd GPU may be cheaper like you said, but am yet to use the platform so I have no idea about it for now, those that have some experience can relate with us so we can learn, that's why we are here to learn and as well make some cash, I don't have time to burn cos i got other things to burn.

Amd cards are by a long shot the most effective to do Cryptocurrencies mining. miners have been getting these cards by the thousand. It will be some time before you discover amd cards available at sensible costs.

Both the RAM and the power consumption of AMD video cards are powerful.
Everything, in my opinion, is dependent on the algorithm.
The best video card to start mining ZCASH in this scenario is Nvidia, while the best video card to start mining ETH is AMD.

If you are someone who's into purchasing used graphic cards, you'll be mostly warned to avoid some specific GPU's, as they could be used for mining previously, most of those gpu's are specifically from AMD (There are some GPU's from Nvidia that were used a lot for mining, but they are few compared to the ones in AMD, such as 1070, 1060 6GB, and some 1080 & 1080Ti's), what do you think could be the reason ? is it because AMD GPU's are cheaper ? (atleast for now)
AMD GPUs are typically more affordable and provide superior performance, making them more profitable for mining. Additionally, some AMD GPUs are designed specifically for mining, providing more effective energy consumption and better hash rates.

Newest Directory Listings

WWE Hub is a discussion forum for all things wrestling! Share and chat with other wrestling fans throughout the world!
momode
Forums
Clicks
Views
ABCProxy is cost-effective, ethical residential proxies network!
coderway
Forums
Clicks
Views
AI digital artwork generator
Back