What's new

Should fractions of a Bitcoin be called Sats or Bits?

C.Grigg

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor
VIP Member
1000 Posts Club
Mar 2, 2013
USD
$5.6500USD
Biznotes
If you had the power the change the name of 1 satoshi, would you keep the name or would you rename it? What do you like better as far as names go and the ease of understanding for newcomers?

If I had the power and authority to change the name Satoshi, Sats or Bits, I would not change the name Satoshi as the smallest unit of Bitcoin, because as a tribute and remember the creator of Bitcoin.
The word Bits is more popular means you could find many earning websites showing that you have 2642 bits however it is in the meaning of satoshis this is what it is common and reputable.

I think that satoshi looks okay. It was named after the cryptocurrency legendary satoshi Nakamoto.

The smaller bits of Bitcoin is called sats and it is coined out from the world satoshi nakamoto the founder of Bitcoin.

If you had the power the change the name of 1 satoshi, would you keep the name or would you rename it? What do you like better as far as names go and the ease of understanding for newcomers?
Satoshi is actually fine and I will like to keep the name as Satoshi because it shows respect to the founder of bitcoin who is Satoshi Nakamoto.

I will still go for Satoshi because it is a name that is different from the real name 'bitcoin'. And after all it is to honour the founder

I am against changing the word, politicians are changing meaning of words, they don't want anything that just not suit them, we should restrain. Function of Bitcoin is named after founder Satoshi, I will call it Satoshi.

I think Bits would be the most appropriate name, however, I wonder who started calling satoshi.

I think Bits would be the most appropriate name, however, I wonder who started calling satoshi.
It was named in satoshi to immortalize the mysterious satoshi nakamoto. No one knows if he is dead or is alive.

It was named in satoshi to immortalize the mysterious satoshi nakamoto. No one knows if he is dead or is alive.
I am in supportive of your assertion because it is highly needed to immortalize the Legend and who has influenced the digital space in such a great way.

I am in supportive of your assertion because it is highly needed to immortalize the Legend and who has influenced the digital space in such a great way.
Satoshi Nakamoto is indeed a legend and he has paved the way for many digital assets. The protocol he provided was what was being built upon by many digital token developers.

Newest Directory Listings

Shortie
Forums
Clicks
Views
Comments
WWE Hub is a discussion forum for all things wrestling! Share and chat with other wrestling fans throughout the world!
momode
Forums
Clicks
Views
ABCProxy is cost-effective, ethical residential proxies network!
coderway
Forums
Clicks
Views
AI digital artwork generator
Back