Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor
VIP Member
1000 Posts Club
Mar 2, 2013
USD
$5.6500USD
Biznotes
"Nvidia wants the RTX 3060 to make it to gaming PCs, so it's added a driver that limits cryptocurrency mining, as well as announcing new processors specifically for cryptocurrency." --ShackNews.com

How do you feel this will affect the market now for GPUs? It's been extremely hard to find GPUs these past few years due to crypto mining. Maybe this is what is needed to return the GPUs back to the gamers?

Nvidia is trying again to limit the use of its RTX 3060 graphics cards for mining Ethereum, with a new update once again adding a hash limiter to the GPU, via VideoCardz.com.

If that sounds familiar to you, that’s because it’s not the first time that Nvidia has tried to nerf mining performance on the RTX 3060 — the company first rolled out new drivers that were intended to limit the hash rate of Ethereum mining by around 50 percent in February.

“We designed GeForce GPUs for gamers, and gamers are clamoring for more,” says Matt Wuebbling, head of global GeForce marketing at Nvidia, in a blog post announcing the change. The company also announced a new product, the Nvidia CMP (Cryptocurrency Mining Processor), a dedicated GPU meant specifically for cryptocurrency mining.

However, that update was short-lived, with Nvidia managing to accidentally unlock its own limit in a beta driver released in March, undoing its previous work. Nvidia would go on to confirm that the new driver was a mistake, but it was already too late — the updated driver was out in the wild, and RTX 3060 owners were able to download it and avoid the new restrictions.

As far as I am concerned any of this mining company would never be a good way to mine cryptocurrency as they will end up destroying your device or machine as the process of mining cryptocurrency is very energy-consuming.

"Nvidia wants the RTX 3060 to make it to gaming PCs, so it's added a driver that limits cryptocurrency mining, as well as announcing new processors specifically for cryptocurrency." --ShackNews.com

How do you feel this will affect the market now for GPUs? It's been extremely hard to find GPUs these past few years due to crypto mining. Maybe this is what is needed to return the GPUs back to the gamers?
Well professionals miners are changing everything the pool and the methods so you can have override those limitations I know people who already overridden lhr

How much bitcoin (or let's say how much in USD) does this graphic card mine in one day and how much money do you have to spend on energy to mine that coin? I do not have any experience in mining.

Newest Directory Listings

Vicky1225
Forums
Clicks
Views
Expand your business scale with over 200 million clean IP addresses, stellar features, and affordable prices provided by 922S5Proxy.
Shortie
Forums
Clicks
Views
Comments
WWE Hub is a discussion forum for all things wrestling! Share and chat with other wrestling fans throughout the world!
momode
Forums
Clicks
Views
ABCProxy is cost-effective, ethical residential proxies network!
Back