What's new

Mycelium Bitcoin Wallet Reviews: SCAM or LEGIT?

Vladv26

Seasoned Veteran
1000 Posts Club
Mar 27, 2020
USD
$1.0000USD
Biznotes
e5ac6cac66f3555d15fa15f323377aa3.png

Mycelium is a wallet available for smartphones created and owned by Mycelium company.

Mycelium company initially started in 2008 as a tech company working with engineers specialized in hardware. Right after bitcoin was opened to the public in 2009, Mycelium saw the potential of Blockchain technology and started working with it. A couple years later in 2011 they created one of the first wallets available for bitcoin on smartphones called Mycelium Bitcoin Wallet

Mycelium is probably the best wallet available for smartphones right now if we are referring about the trustworthiness and features offered by the company. Mycelium wallet is not the best for beginners in cryptocurrencies, but for an experienced user this should be one of his main choices when looking for a wallet for mobile devices.

What coins does Mycelium support?

Until 2020 only bitcoin was available on Mycelium wallet, that's where the name of Mycelium Bitcoin Wallet comes from. At the beginning of 2020, Mycelium finally implemented ethereum into their wallet. In addition to that users can also add any ERC-20 tokens that work on ethereum platform.

There is no fixed amount of coins supported on Mycelium. Bitcoin and Ethereum are the main cryptocurrencies, with the addition of ERC-20 tokens(like Thether, Chainlink, USDC).

Screenshot_20201125_025118.jpg

Additionally if you want to store multiple cryptocurrencies, Mycelium offers you the option of activating a trading account directly integrated into their platform by using the partnership of Bequant. There are more than 25 different cryptocurrencies that you can use in different ways like buying, storing or trading them. Bequant is a brokerage company that recently added cryptocurrency into their services. The company has been operating as a broker since 2011 but you should do your own research before trying out this feature available on Mycelium.

Mycelium Features

Screenshot_20201125_024056.jpg

1. You can buy ethereum or bitcoin directly within Mycelium platform. This process is done using the Partnership of Simpelx
  2. You can sell/buy ethereum or bitcoin with the help of SEPA payments. This process is not completed directly on Mycelium platform, you will be redirected to one of their partners called BitsofGold. This service may only be used by users living in Europe.
  3. You can either buy or sell your bitcoins directly for cash by using Mycelium Marketplace platform. Here you'll find lots of deals from all around the world where you can meet with real persons and make a bitcoin to cash exchange. Be aware that this service might be quite dangerous especially if you are dealing with large amounts of money. Mycelium only helps you and the seller/buyer with communication and information about the transaction but it's up to you to go and meet with the user and discuss the deal in person.
Screenshot_20201125_024219.jpg

Using Mycelium exchange platform integrated within the app you can exchange more than 70 different cryptocurrencies and receive the bitcoin directly into your wallet. This process only works for selling other cryptocurrencies, you cannot buy them using bitcoin. After selecting the currency and the wallet, click on Continue and you'll get to a screen similar to the one below explaining you step by step how to complete the process.

Screenshot_20201125_024147.jpg

Is Mycelium wallet safe to use?

Mycelium team has been working in the blockchain industry since bitcoin was launched in 2009. They've participated in numerous projects and created multiple products and platforms using blockchain technology. Therefore it is safe to say that Mycelium team has a ton of experience in this industry since they've been working in it since the very beginning.

Mycelium offers multiple option to protect your wallet like a PIN used every time you access the wallet of make a transaction, a recovery phrase in order to recover your account in case you lose it or want to move it and an option to keep different addresses other than the one in your wallet on watch list, meaning you'll only use the to check the balance and transactions but your private keys are not stored in the app.

Screenshot_20201125_030010.jpg
Mycelium also offers the option to use your hardware wallets like Trezor or KeepPay within the Mycelium interface. You can simply add your hardware wallet for viewing purposes, or connect your hardware wallet using a OTG cable in order to complete transactions. Either way, none of your private keys are stored on the app so you are safe to use it.

Overall Mycelium is as safe as a mobile wallet can be, but you have to understand that mobile apps and smartphones in general are very vulnerable to hacking. Their security level is not very high and you are never 100% safe. That's why you should never store big amounts of cryptocurrency or money on mobile wallets. Use a hardware wallet instead like Trezor.

How to create a Mycelium wallet?

1)First of all you should download and install Mycelium Bitcoin Wallet app that is available on App Store for IOS and Google Play for Android. In order to make sure you are installing the official apps you can access the download links from here : https://wallet.mycelium.com/contact.html

Screenshot_20201125_024333.jpg

2) When opening the app you'll see an option to either create a new wallet or restore an old wallet you've been using before. Restoring a wallet requires the private keys or recovery phrase and i recommend doing it only if you have some experience and knowledge about it. For beginners, just choose the Create New option

Screenshot_20201125_024425.jpg

3)Your wallet is now created but in order to make sure it is secured you'll have to back it up. Click on Backup Now, and write down the 12 word phrase shown there. Write this phrase down on a piece of paper and store it somewhere safe, do not save it in your notepad app or on your phone/computer. This phrase can be used later to recover your wallet in case you lose access to your phone.

Screenshot_20201125_024535.jpg

Also, make sure you go to Settings and create a PIN code for your wallet. Every time you access your wallet, try to make a transaction or get access to your private keys you will need to enter your Pin code. This way you make sure no one else can use your wallet without entering the right PIN.

It is just like trust wallet except for the exchange option and the payment option.
It is a very secure up reading the review you gave.
Just one question, how much do they charge per exchange and withdrawal

Sire There are thousands of crypto wallet out there, but I always advise people to be careful with the type of wallet they choose, first! Check out the online reviews secondly asking some people that have experience about crypto wallet and compare other crypto wallet before you can choose.

As I am new to the mycellium wallet you have just mentioned above, I would have to recommend you use trust wallet, safe and reliable. I've been using it for Quite some months and it's been great using it. I love the fact that it lists a lot of coins on itself and it's very easy and safe to use. I can recommend it for anyone to start using. Trust wallet is very good and user friendly, the one you mentioned is great, but you should try trust wallet

As I am new to the mycellium wallet you have just mentioned above, I would have to recommend you use trust wallet, safe and reliable. I've been using it for Quite some months and it's been great using it. I love the fact that it lists a lot of coins on itself and it's very easy and safe to use. I can recommend it for anyone to start using. Trust wallet is very good and user friendly, the one you mentioned is great, but you should try trust wallet
I think you need to use a good bitcoin wallet and which give you a good deal and also security on your account if you work on it you make more money and confirm your wallet legal ir not and use a legal wallet.

Concerning your review on mycelium wallet, I have to say i am new to it but you should try trust wallet and yes, it is safe. I've been using it for Quite some months and it's been great using it. I love the fact that it lists a lot of coins on itself and it's very easy and safe to use. I can recommend it for anyone to start using. Trust wallet is very good and user friendly

they all offer the same thing but i will be glad to learn more about this wallet and what unique offers it has for users. i have used three wallets in total and i have never been disappointed with their services. the security system is another point that bothers me in terms of the safety of my asset.

There are so many crypto forums and wallets popping around that I find it really hard to even keep up with the existence. I have not heared of mycelium before but with what you are saying it is worth a try at this point that I am looking for a trusted wallet.

Concerning reviews about mycelium Bitcoin wallet to know if it is legit or scam. Well, we have a lot of crypto currency wallet this days and more keeps settling in, people are just looking for a strong security based and trusted crypto currency wallet. I will look into the mycelium to know if it is okay for me to keep or invest my crypto currency

Newest Directory Listings

Shortie
Forums
Clicks
Views
WWE Hub is a discussion forum for all things wrestling! Share and chat with other wrestling fans throughout the world!
momode
Forums
Clicks
Views
ABCProxy is cost-effective, ethical residential proxies network!
coderway
Forums
Clicks
Views
AI digital artwork generator
Back