What's new

Heatwaves in Texas caused miners to back off!

glitch

beep boop
1000 Posts Club
Mar 16, 2022
USD
$0.0000USD
Biznotes
As of Monday, all major miners in Texas have shut down due to the high temps outside. Much of the US and other places around the world are facing a heatwave.

Texas became a major hub within the US for miners once China forced the shutdown of mining and the growth has been immense but these temperatures are making things difficult for them. Some believe this is not in good faith and rather the cause of the prices making it too high to actually mine where miners are seeing more value in giving back the energy they would normally consume.

I don't blame them from taking a break during a heatwave, I live in the Midwest and we get terrible summers here. I once watched a video by ChubbyEmu who told the story of a man who got into mining, almost dying from heatstroke since his room was super hot from the computer running 24 hours a day. Mining takes a lot of energy, and I could imagine having an air conditioner running at full speed would make for a very high electric bill.

Waoh, I never had the idea that heatwave could affect mining. I'll have to make more research about how this is possible though. I always thought Bitcoin mining was dependent on electricity supply.

O
I don't blame them from taking a break during a heatwave, I live in the Midwest and we get terrible summers here. I once watched a video by ChubbyEmu who told the story of a man who got into mining, almost dying from heatstroke since his room was super hot from the computer running 24 hours a day. Mining takes a lot of energy, and I could imagine having an air conditioner running at full speed would make for a very high electric bill.
That's a major problem with mining and why some coins move to proof of stake instead. This energy consumption is also why some countries are not comfortable allowing a lot of miners to settle down and do business.

Because of this significant issue with mining, some coins have switched to proof of stake.
Additionally, some nations do not feel comfortable allowing many miners to settle down and conduct business. This is due to the energy consumption.

Well I think That's a major problem here is with mining and why some coins move to proof of stake instead. This energy consumption is also why some countries are not comfortable allowing a lot of miners to settle down and do business.
Well to be honest I don't blame them from taking a break during a heatwave, I live in the Midwest and we get terrible summers here. I once watched a video by ChubbyEmu who told the story of a man who got into mining, almost dying from heatstroke since his room was super hot from the computer running 24 hours a day. Mining takes a lot of energy, and I could imagine having an air conditioner running at full speed.

Last edited:
One of the best ways to tackle the energy crisis caused by bitcoin mining is by using renewal energy. If the mining farms switch to solar energy or geo thermal energy, the energy cost will come down to very low point.

Newest Directory Listings

Shortie
Forums
Clicks
Views
WWE Hub is a discussion forum for all things wrestling! Share and chat with other wrestling fans throughout the world!
momode
Forums
Clicks
Views
ABCProxy is cost-effective, ethical residential proxies network!
coderway
Forums
Clicks
Views
AI digital artwork generator
Back