What's new

Crypto Tutorial : How To Add Custom Token in a Wallet ?

Josemendez

Graphic Designer
5000+ Posts Club
Nov 13, 2020
USD
$0.0000USD
Biznotes
There are turns of cryptocurrency in the world and most times not all the cryptocurrency you want to interact with is available on the Decentralized wallets like Trustwallet and Metamask. This means you have to add the token Manually.

To do this you need to use Bscan for tokens in Binance Smart Chain or Etherscan for those in ethereum to get the following information about the coin;

(I) The network the coin is built on
(Ii) The Coin or Token name
(iii) The coin symbol
(iv) The coin Decimal .
(V) The contract address of the coin.

For Trust wallet , Just go the search bar as shown below .
Screenshot_20210814-230347.png

scroll down and you will see ADD CUSTOM TOKEN

Screenshot_20210814-225841.png

Click on it and then fill the page below with the information you got from the Binance scan or Etherscan .

Screenshot_20210814-225933.png

Click Done . You will see the token in your wallet.
NB: Most times some of the tokens you will add this way may not have their price reflected. This doesn't mean that it is fake or scam . You can connect to Dapp to see their price.

I personally think it depends on the type of wallet you are using. Not every wallet support it and you have to be careful doing such time. I love using atomic wallet and I love it. You can start using those wallet that support such but I don't like it

This is not supported by all crypto currency exchange platform. For example I think this can only be done by trust wallet. Other wallet like binance, kucoin and rest doesn't allow this.

Well, I may never try to add a custom token in a decentralized platform but this tutorial enriches my knowledge on how to add a custom token in a decentralized wallet.

There are turns of cryptocurrency in the world and most times not all the cryptocurrency you want to interact with is available on the Decentralized wallets like Trustwallet and Metamask. This means you have to add the token Manually.

To do this you need to use Bscan for tokens in Binance Smart Chain or Etherscan for those in ethereum to get the following information about the coin;

(I) The network the coin is built on
(Ii) The Coin or Token name
(iii) The coin symbol
(iv) The coin Decimal .
(V) The contract address of the coin.

For Trust wallet , Just go the search bar as shown below .
View attachment 2647

scroll down and you will see ADD CUSTOM TOKEN

View attachment 2648

Click on it and then fill the page below with the information you got from the Binance scan or Etherscan .

View attachment 2649

Click Done . You will see the token in your wallet.
NB: Most times some of the tokens you will add this way may not have their price reflected. This doesn't mean that it is fake or scam . You can connect to Dapp to see their price.
OK... Good lecture/ tutorial. I already know how to bring out token custom in trust wallet... Expecting more tutorials like this. Great job.

The last time I created a custom Wallet was when I wanted to get some coins from AirDrops. Sadly, I didn't get the coin. It was hard for me to create one but I am glad I could do it. Thanks for sharing. I used Trust Wallet to create it.

This is not supported by all crypto currency exchange platform. For example I think this can only be done by trust wallet. Other wallet like binance, kucoin and rest doesn't allow this.
These other wallets are not Decentralized wallets they are centralized exchanges , you can't do it there. With wallets like Metamask and trustwallet you can add custom tokens.

While I may not attempt to add a token to a trust wallet as I am not investing on tokens here, but I am really happy to learn how a decentralized wallet works.

This post is highly informative especially for those who aren't familiar with how Trust wallet works and are interested in airdrops and the likes.

Thank you for sharing this knowledge with the community.
I can do the procedure very now with the help of this post.
I really appreciate it

Yeah , this is a good tutorial who is especially new to using trust wallet and erc20 tokens specially. One has to also check on to change the coin network before adding custom tokens.

I will always say that there are so much to learn in this forum from educated individuals from different regions of the world. Though the above writeup is new to me, but I am glad that I now know about it. That is just my view. Thanks for sharing.

Yeah write-up has a very good one and highly informative this also shows that will continue learning in cryptocurrency activities not just investing without basic knowledge.

I have no skills and also no interest in creating crypto tokens. I even don't use trust wallet. But this tutorial will greatly help people who are using trust wallet and want to add a new token.

This is great because a lot of altcoins and mostly NFTs that are being created today are majorly purchased via their contract addresses especially if they're still in their presale stage; what's basically known as ICO

Thanks for sharing this information with us here at least when I want to add a custom token to my wallet I will not be confused or worried as you have shown us how to do that already.

I do not see the need to add custom token . I will take the short tutorial as a learning program and it has added to my knowledge. The binance smart chain has lots of user friendly features.

This is great because a lot of altcoins and mostly NFTs that are being created today are majorly purchased via their contract addresses especially if they're still in their presale stage; what's basically known as ICO
Probably, new cryptocurrencies that have not yet been listed on coinmarketcap or coingecko needs to be manually added on trust wallet. If you want to view your NFTs you should use opensea.

Wow, i never knew one could add custom tokens to one's wallet manually. Thank you so much for the information. It will help people like me who are still trying to learn a lot about crypto currencies.

Newest Directory Listings

Shortie
Forums
Clicks
Views
WWE Hub is a discussion forum for all things wrestling! Share and chat with other wrestling fans throughout the world!
momode
Forums
Clicks
Views
ABCProxy is cost-effective, ethical residential proxies network!
coderway
Forums
Clicks
Views
AI digital artwork generator
Back