Celsius is down to $167 million

glitch

beep boop
1000 Posts Club
Mar 16, 2022
USD
$0.0000USD
Biznotes
A lot of investors and crypto buyers ate a huge loss this week when Celsius filed for bankruptcy.

They owe their users over 4.6 billion dollars. That is not a small amount, to say the least! YIKES!

Celsius filing for bankruptcy this week surprised virtually no one. Once a platform freezes customer assets, it's typically all over. But just because the fall of this embattled crypto lender didn't come as a shock, doesn't mean it wasn't a really big deal for the industry.

In October 2021, CEO Alex Mashinsky said the crypto lender had $25 billion in assets under management. Even as recently as May — despite crashing cryptocurrency prices — the lender was managing about $11.8 billion in assets, according to its website. The firm had another $8 billion in client loans, making it one of the world's biggest names in crypto lending.

Now, Celsius is down to $167 million "in cash on hand," which it says will provide "ample liquidity" to support operations during the restructuring process.
Source

Yikes, this is really bad. This is on of the reasons i have refused to invedt in anything related to crypto currencies. I can't imagine being along the people losing to Celsius.

Waoh. I'm surprised I never heard of this earlier. I think this sparked the run of a lot of currencies being liquidated; same happened to LUNA and FTX. Crypto is beginning to seem like an organized Ponzi scheme.

Celsius Network now is is a bankrupt company. I had account on Celsius but never funded my account, therefore, I was saved from losing my funds with celsius network. Not everyone was as lucky as I was.

Newest Directory Listings

Shortie
Forums
Clicks
Views
Comments
WWE Hub is a discussion forum for all things wrestling! Share and chat with other wrestling fans throughout the world!
momode
Forums
Clicks
Views
ABCProxy is cost-effective, ethical residential proxies network!
coderway
Forums
Clicks
Views
AI digital artwork generator
Back