Have You Changed Software for Your Forum

Nomad

Staff member
40,000 Post Club
Jan 5, 2021
USD
$0.0000USD
Biznotes
I have never done this but I am thinking about changing software. I have been running my forums on open source platforms and I want to switch to premium software. Before I do that I would like to hear experience of people who have changed software. What are the possible problems I might encounter while changing software.

I haven't changed forum software in years, haven't really felt the need to change as it works so well. I currently use vBulletin boards for my forums and even have made my own in the past. I haven't looked at other forum software/tools in years.

I have been a staff on vBulletin forums and I think it is good forum software. I also have experience XenoForo. So, when I am ready to switch, I might be using one of these two. I want to learn how to move properly before trying so that I do not mess around.

I've never moved a forum to a different software without deleting it first. However, in the last year or so, I moved my drumming forum from phpBB to XenForo due to lack of mods on phpBB (one reason).

Anyway, moving a forum to a different software without deleting it is something I might do in the near future. It's technically free and easy to do, I think.

What about moving a forum from one open source software to another open source software? For example, I want to move MyBB to SMF, do you think there are add ons that allow you do change software easily?

What about moving a forum from one open source software to another open source software? For example, I want to move MyBB to SMF, do you think there are add ons that allow you do change software easily?
It seems like there are a lot of threads on forum support forums regarding conversion software. They should be a guide. I'm pretty sure the software is all free.

I also believe there are add ons for moving from one software to another software. I have not really done a lot of research on how to move from one software to another software. But the major problems with open source is a lot of add-ons are outdated.

Newest Directory Listings

• Featured
Vicky1225
Forums
Clicks
Views
Expand your business scale with over 200 million clean IP addresses, stellar features, and affordable prices provided by 922S5Proxy.
Shortie
Forums
Clicks
Views
Comments
WWE Hub is a discussion forum for all things wrestling! Share and chat with other wrestling fans throughout the world!
momode
Forums
Clicks
Views
ABCProxy is cost-effective, ethical residential proxies network!
Back