What's new

Vaping in the workplace, how do you combat it?

Grant

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor
5000+ Posts Club
Oct 27, 2020
USD
$134.3000USD
Biznotes
Vaping is a lot tougher to stop than say cigarettes, because oftentimes Vaping doesn't put off an annoying smell in the air. Some will of course, but there are some with fruity flavors that sort of mask it. I remember at the call center, one woman I worked with, had a vape at his cubicle and would sneak hits of it from time to time, even would take it to the bathroom to smoke.

We did have a designated area for smokers and vapers, but she I don't think ever took advantage of that break area. With that being said, have you ever caught a worker vaping on the job? What do you do about it?

I've seen people at work using vapes, and it's tough because they don't smell as strong as cigarettes. It's hard to ask them to stop without sounding mean. At my job, we try to make sure everyone knows where they can vape, so it doesn't bother others. That seems to work okay.

For me, quitting cigarettes was hard, so I switched to a disposable vape. I pick ones with less nicotine, trying to make it a bit better for me. It's easier to use at work without causing any trouble, but I'm still trying to quit for good.

Vaping is not a common thing here, however, smoking is common and in out country, smoking in public is punishable by law. A lot of companies also do not allow their staff to smoke inside the workplace. If vaping does not leave any odor, I do not think it would be a big issue.

I don't think vaping hurts people. I certainly don't think 2nd-hand vaping does. I think people are being over-sensitive. It's just not the same as tobacco smoke.

Newest Directory Listings

Shortie
Forums
Clicks
Views
Comments
WWE Hub is a discussion forum for all things wrestling! Share and chat with other wrestling fans throughout the world!
momode
Forums
Clicks
Views
ABCProxy is cost-effective, ethical residential proxies network!
coderway
Forums
Clicks
Views
AI digital artwork generator
Back