What's new

India bans TikTok and many other Chinese apps.

Status
Not open for further replies.

_B_

Resident Member
500 Posts Club
May 18, 2020
USD
$0.0000USD
Biznotes
There has been some tension between India and China over the last few weeks. One of the huge points from the tension was a deadly brawl in the Galwan Valley that borders between the two countries. This has happened before but not recently.
It has been said that 59 apps have been banned (TikTok being focused on more) as it is a "danger to the country".
TikTok is massive in India (I think some of you will know this already) and has "120 million users". This makes India the "biggest foreign market" for the app.

Damn. Indian TikTok is clearly the reason we all have it in the first place. Now I'm sad :(
But in all seriousness, this is actually quite mad... actually wonder if some viral stars will turn to alternatives (if there are any around...?). However, on that point, I wonder what will happen to the Indian TikTok stars that have probably got a living through this. What does that mean for their future?

I believe other countries may follow similar steps in the future because of the concerns of the security. While I know India is the only country to have a ban, maybe the US may also have one in the future?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Newest Directory Listings

• Featured
Vicky1225
Forums
Clicks
Views
Expand your business scale with over 200 million clean IP addresses, stellar features, and affordable prices provided by 922S5Proxy.
Shortie
Forums
Clicks
Views
Comments
WWE Hub is a discussion forum for all things wrestling! Share and chat with other wrestling fans throughout the world!
momode
Forums
Clicks
Views
ABCProxy is cost-effective, ethical residential proxies network!
Back